Chapter 18: Trouble Afoot

"The Festival is almost here, huh?" Lucian said with a disgusted tone. He was sitting on a couch at their base, contemplating. 

"The Festival of the gods, right?" Aarc asked. "I'm surprised that it's close to the end of the year at this point. A lot of things happened.

The Festival of the gods was a full week holiday celebrating the birth of their world that the gods created. It was basically a holiday that lets the people show appreciation to the gods for making them and their world.

Although some of this was true, there were some holes about the whole thing. Holes that Lucian and the others knew about.

For one thing, although the gods created the second-generation, they did it by using their predecessor, the First-generation, as a base. The other hole is that the world they were living in was another thing not created by the gods. They simply did some changes to the Elders, the gods' parents, designs of their original world.

To be blunt, both the mortals and the world they lived on were nothing more than cheap copies of the originals. While some second-generation could handle themselves against their predecessors, it wouldn't be enough to get them to win.

"What do you think the Champion will be doing?" Sirena suddenly asked while working on her spell from before.

"What indeed." Emilia pondered while sitting completely still on a chair. Although she didn't have eyes, there was a small flame in her sockets that lit up every now and then. "If the boy participates in the festival, it'll give us time to find what we need."

"Hmm, you might be right about that. But I don't think that's possible since no one celebrates Zerris's day." Aarc wasn't wrong about that.

At the beginning of the year, when the gods "supposedly" created the world, there were seven days at the beginning of the year dedicated to the seven major gods. Seven days equals up to a week, so it was called The Week of the Gods.

The first day was dedicated to the Goddess of Light, who supposedly created the light and day. The second day was dedicated to the Earth Goddess who created the earth. The third day was dedicated to the Water Goddess who created the ocean. The fourth day was dedicated to the god of fire who helped create flames.

The fifth day was dedicated to the God of air who helped created the clouds and air itself. The sixth day was dedicated to the God of Storms who, like the god of air created the clouds, wind, and such but in a more violent behavior to which people refer to as storms along with Lightning and thunder. And finally was the seventh day, which was dedicated to the goddess of darkness who helped create the night and darkness itself.

Although all the gods created separate things when creating the current world, the one thing that they all contributed together were the mortals that walked the land, air, and waters. The earth goddess and water goddess helped made the bodies, the god of fire created the heat for them to survive, the god of wind and storms helped create the air needed for them to breathe and also rain and weather for their crops, and the sister goddesses of light and dark helped create their nature or personality, in a sense.

For a while, all the gods' days were celebrated with glee in the beginning. But, after time went by, and some bad incidents, one of the deities day were no longer celebrated. It was Zerris's day.

On Zerris's day, they called it the day of evil. When Zerris brought darkness and evil upon the world. It was said that all of the creatures of the night and monsters like vampires were all because of her.

This wasn't really true, but it was interpreted that way because of certain...individuals that wanted to tarnish the goddess's name. Because of this, they considered the Day of Zerris as the beginning of all things evil and wicked.