Chapter 3: Troll Quest

We are now heading north of the city to a forest called Worrich Woods. It's a big forest that's connected to a human country up north and the one we were in.

If I remember correctly from my geography and history lessons with a couple people, the country up north was called The Helsing Kingdom. And before you say it, yeah, it really was called that.

In my old world, there was this vampire hunter called Van Helsing. He was really famous for hunting and killing vampires, especially the most known and famous Dracula.

Apparently, the King who founded the kingdom was Abraham Van Helsing, a famous vampire hunter during the Vampiric uprising. Yeah, small world, huh?

Both Van Helsings were vampire hunters, and one of them became a king of his own country. It was really something.

I asked Vlad if he knew anything about Van Helsing, and the only thing he told me was that his family line, on his father side, were up against the Helsing family for generations. In fact, The Helsing Kingdom was the same place the vampires had their own little kingdom, and the place where Vlad was held captive for most of his life.

Apparently, the two kingdoms have been at war with each other since the Vampire Uprising, which was an era where the vampire race took control of the world. It was one of those dark time eras that marked a revolutionary change in history.

Anyway, I'm getting a little off topic, so let's get back on track.

So, the quest we were taking was on killing an S-Ranked Troll located in the Worrich Woods. The quest was put out by a village that's suffering from the Troll's presence.

What the Troll is doing is stealing the villagers' livestock and also harming the other villagers. Since they couldn't protect themselves against an S-Ranked monster, they decided to seek the guild's help.

Honestly, I'm surprised that an S-ranked Troll is even here. An S-ranked monster is already strong enough to level a small city, and they're somewhat rare in these areas.

I guess we'll just have to find out more after talking to the villager Chief. We didn't want to waste any time, so we decided to fly there.

Amy and I used magic to fly while Vlad turned into a bat and flew with us. After a couple minutes of flying, we arrived at the village called Ormwick.

We didn't want to land in the village and scare them, so we decided to land nearby and walked the rest of the way. Another thing, because I didn't want to waste time trying to calm the villagers down when they see my black hair, it was for the best that I just use illusion magic and disguise myself.

Once my disguise was set, we went onward to Ormwick. Just as we were approaching the village, we came across a couple of guards with worn out leather armor and weapons.

One of the guards looked at us with a suspicious gaze. "You three don't look like residences of our village. What sort of business do you have with our home?"

"We're here on a quest from the guild," I explained. "The one about the troll."

The guards' eyes went wide with surprise, though I don't think it's the same reason I'm thinking of.

"You...accepted the quest?" The guard asked with a doubtful look on his face.

"That's right. Can we talk to the village chief so we can know more about the situation?" I ignored the village guards' surprised expressions and went straight to business.

I already know why they're acting like this. It's because my currently group are people younger than fifteen and we're taking an S-rank quest which only very few individuals can take.