Chapter 79: Dealing with the Beastfolk Kingdom

"Alright, Cerridwen. It's time we head to the Beastfolk Territory and talk things out about what happened," I looked at Cerridwen.

Because of Cerridwen and the alpha siblings, the entire Beastfolk territory, especially the Temperate Kingdom suffered a lot from their little rampage. There were a lot of casualties, and it was a miracle that there were still civilians in the Temperate Kingdom in the first place.

I've been putting off this visit because I wanted to at least recover a little bit from fully using [Absolute Domain] during the fight at the town of Great Lakes. Since I've more or less recovered, it was time to get it over with.

The reason we're going to the Beastfolk kingdom is to make up for what they did. Since Cerridwen and the other two are the cause of the Kingdom's destruction, they need to take responsibility, even if they did all this because the gods betrayed them.

Zemmi will be joining us, but I'll be doing most of the talking. The rulers of the Beastfolk kingdoms will likely want something for compensation, so I'll be negotiating the terms on that subject.

It was only Cerridwen, Zemmi, and I that was going to the Kingdom. Having the siblings join us might cause trouble since they might say something out of line. This was the best option for us.

And before you ask why I'm doing it, it's because Cerridwen and the other two are under my care, which more or less means their actions are now my responsibility. I tried to get Zemmi to do it, since I'm not much of a good negotiator, but she told me it was my job since the three troublemakers were under my supervision.

So, with that in mind, I tried to think up of a good plan to have the kingdoms forgive us and make up for what happened. Thankfully, I got a pretty good plan, but I'll have to move things to a good atmosphere to actually suggest it.

Negotiating is such a pain in the ass...

"Alright, let's get moving," I said as I opened up a [Gate] spell that lead to the Hybridia Kingdom.

The first to go through were Zemmi followed by me and Cerridwen. Once we went through the portal, we were now back in the castle where King Ghef resided.

I noticed the beast king was sitting on his throne in front of us. And beside him were Gwen, Reiko, and Sullivan, watching us closely.

"So, it seems you have arrived," Ghef said, his tone somewhat heavy.

"That's right," I said. "We're here to talk about the events of the Destruction of the Temperate Kingdom and the overall damage on the other two beast kingdoms."

And so our negotiation proceeded.

...

I say our negotiations proceeded but in actuality, it didn't yet. The moment we arrived at the kingdom, we along with King Ghef and his cohorts were escorted into another room.

It seems to be a room used for negotiations because there was a big table with a lot of chairs around it. It seems that we weren't the ones to arrive first, since there were people already here before us.

There were three people. All of them were women.

The first woman that caught my attention was the one in the center of the group. She had long blue hair, wore an elegant and royal blue and white dress to match her hair. But what really caught my eyes were the horns protruding out her head.

She gave off a really royal aura like she was a queen or something. And in this case, she actually was. This was the Queen of Aquavell, Levia Babel.