Chapter 68: Old Acquaintances and Escalating Problem

"You know," Aarc said with a pale complexion. "I didn't expect us to be riding an undead wyvern to get to the Temperate Kingdom."

"Not like we got much of a choice..." Sirena said with a worried expression.

He and the others were currently a couple of hundred feet in the air, soaring through the sky on a wyvern completely made out of bones. It was an undead wyvern, a valuable mount for necromancers.

After finding out that Famine was close to being released, they realized that there wasn't enough time by walking, so Emilia summoned the undead mount and carried everyone over to the Temperate Kingdom.

Since time was of the essence, they couldn't worry about being seen. So, as a few people noticed an undead monster soaring through the sky, Aarc and the others sped across the land to get to Famine before it was too late.

"You better not throw up while we're on this thing, gremlin," Sirena glared at the goblin, who looked about ready to lose his lunch at any moment.

"...I don't do well with heights." Aarc did his best to keep himself composed, but with the shaking from the wyvern and excessive distance from the ground, it was not easy to do so.

"We'll make it over to the Temperate Kingdom in due time," Emilia stated. "Once we get there, we'll have to deal with Famine's minions that are currently ravaging the land."

"Yeah...the Famished," Sirena shuddered. "Those things bring back some bad memories."

"Could you remind me again about them?" Aarc timidly asked.

"Good grief..." Sirena sighed before explaining about Famine's most dangerous minions called the Famished.

During the Great Elder War, the Witch watched first-hand as the minions of Famine devastated the land wherever they went. It didn't matter who it was or where it was. There was nothing that the Famished didn't completely raze.

To Sirena, they were one of the worst creatures created by one of the Forbidden Beasts. They were filled with so much desire and hunger that they will devour anything in sight, leaving the area a complete wasteland of its former glory.

Then there were...the siblings.

At the time of the war, Sirena came across Famine's most dangerous and valuable assets. The Alpha Wendigos, the first of their kind.

If you compared the Forbidden beasts to the Elders, then their minions or creations could be compared to the First-Generations. The Alpha Wendigos were one of those comparisons.

Unlike a normal wendigo, the Alpha Wendigos were born as the Famished instead of created into one. To make matters worse, their true forms were spirits. They were this dirty white smoke that would possess someone to cause trouble.

They closely resembled the Chaos Dwellers, which were beings born from the same place of the Elders; the Chaos Realm, or the First Realm. Like the Alpha Wendigos, the Chaos Dwellers had no physical form and can only walk the planet unless they have a vessel to possess.

However, in terms of how dangerous they were, the Chaos Dwellers were far worse than the Alpha Wendigos. However, that doesn't change the fact that Sirena didn't like them.

There were only two Alpha Wendigos, and they were siblings. Sirena has encountered them multiple times during the war, and each encounter was worse than the last.

"Geez, these Alpha Wendigos sound like a hassle," Aarc grimaced at the thought.

"You have no idea," Sirena scoffed. "Their appetite is about as bad as their mother's...and that beast could eat a mountain and want seconds."