Chapter 23: Taking a Break

I'm not sure how, but time seemed to have slipped by me because next thing I knew, it's been about a month or since I've been working in Desmond's secret base. Since there was a lot to do there, I can understand being stuck here for maybe a couple days, but a whole month is insane.

I didn't even notice. It felt like only a week or something, yet it's been three to four weeks in reality. Where did the time go?

After learning that I can't use Elder Magic until I get stronger with [Absolute Domain], I've been keeping busy with other things. One of them was testing out the workshop's capabilities, to which I've been making enchanted items left and right.

I've mostly been making weapons with weak enchantments like enhanced durability, increased sharpness, and so on. I am able to make weapons with better enchantments, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Another thing I did was enchant my current gear. After my fight with that Ogre, I decided to give my clothes a bit of protection, so I used the workshop to give my equipment a couple enchantments like Elemental Resistance to keep the elements like fire from destroying my stuff, High Durability to make it sturdier, and Magic Protection to keep Arcane magic from damaging my gear as well.

Let see someone like that damn ogre try and destroy my stuff now. Hehehehe~

Wait, what was I talking about? Oh, right, time slipping past me.

So, anyway, I figured out how long I've been down here thanks to Vlad and the others, who stormed into Desmond's office, which I was currently in, and started shouting at me in anger.

"This has gone far enough!"

"Yeah!"

"I agree!"

"Hmm!"

Vlad, Thana, Arri, and Amy all glared at me while I tried to process what was going on. I was currently going through Desmond's files on new spells to see if any of them could be of any use.

I did find a couple, but I would have to save them for later since I have this problem to deal with.

"W-what's going on?" I asked, slightly startled by their sudden arrival.

"What's wrong?!" Vlad glared. "Damien, you've been cooped up in this place for a month. It's just like when you first discovered the library!"

Whoa, I've been stuck here for a month? Who would've thought, huh?

"A-ah, I see. Sorry about that." I tried my best to apologize to them, but they weren't having it.

"Don't think that apologizing is going to do anything for you," Thana said with an angry glare. "If you want to make it up to us, then you can start by getting out of this stupid office and spending time with us!"

"That's right!" Arri agreed with Thana. "We haven't seen you for a month while you've been keeping yourself busy down here. You're basically neglecting your family at this point!"

Crap, I didn't think they would get this mad at me. I mean, I understand that since I've been down here for a month, it's obvious they'd be upset, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. I honestly feel terrible for not paying enough attention.

Then again, with what's been going on, who could blame me for being so busy? Even after being in this secret base for a month, I've still only managed to get less than a quarter of this place chartered out.

There's still a ton of enchanted items and inventions in the Storehouse that I haven't checked out. The same goes for the library, which I can't make much use of it since I can't use Elder Magic yet, so reading the books will only make me impatient.