Meeting The Kids

Jackie
My husband Conner and I have been chatting with Anastasia and Fred and Mia comes over and asks us how we like the food?
Mia
I go see Jackie and she introduces me to Anastasia Steele and Fred Williams and we start talking Anastasia is around my age, but Fred is about ten years older than she is and I ask if they are dating. Fred explains how they know each other and I am blown away about the story. Elliott and Christian join us and we get a good conversation going and dance music starts and I try to drag Anastasia out on the dance floor.
Anastasia
Mia I don't know how to dance, can you ask someone else to join you please? Suddenly I am dragged by all three onto the dance floor. They show me how to move and it is fun and I finally move around like an idiot. The musician slows and Christian takes me in his arm as and moves me smoothly across the floor and everyone is watching us and then they all join us on the floor.
Christian
We move like we have been dancing all our lives she fits perfectly and moves in rhythm with me and the music. It's like she has been dancing all of her life. I ask her if she took dance course and she says she has never taken a class. Ever. We go sit with my parents and Fred needs to leave so I tell him I will make sure she gets home safely.
Fred
If it hadn't been Carricks son, I would have insisted Anastasia come with me, but he was going to bring her and Erin home safely and Jacob drives me home.
Anastasia
Fred says his goodbyes and he leaves with Jacob. I am here with Christian and Mia and Elliott join the table and their parents are leaving soon as well. A woman arrives at the table and Mia hands her a black Amex and pays her and tells her that Grace loved the alternatives. She slides the card through something and hands the card and says good bye and hands her business cards out to the table. She hands me one as well and introduces herself as the owner of the catering company. I tell her who I am and she asks me how I pulled off inheriting the Williams estate?
Gia Matteo
How did you pull off inheriting such a huge estate from Sarah Williams?
Anastasia
Huge Estate? What are you talking about?
Gia Matteo
Don't you know how much you inherited and what you inherited? Have you been living under a rock or something? You are sitting with a billionaire and two millionaires and you have no idea that you are one as well? I am not buying it at all.
Anastasia
Well I think I won't need your business card miss Matteo, it is Miss right?
Gia Matteo
Yes why?
Anastasia
Well it is so obvious why you aren't married, you have your sites set higher and it's obviously one of the Grey men. I think you better back off of Carrick, Grace is nice, but do not mistake her being nice to being an idiot when it comes to women openly hitting on her husband and her sons just for the money and stature. Your comments about the Williams estate should alert all the Grey family what you really were trying to say about me. Believe me unlike you I had no idea who Sarah or any of the Williams or the Grey's were until you pointed it all out to me. I came from an Amish family so we had no idea of the outside world. But you my dear have money on your mind and that is a sure sign of a gold digger.
Christian
You can leave now miss Matteo, you have the cleanup to complete and I believe the hotel manager is awaiting you now.
Mia
How did you know that?
Anastasia
My parents even where we lived had gold diggers of a different type sadly. Anyone talking about someone's financial status rather than who the person really is on the inside is how you can tell the difference. Fred was the bus driver on the last bus that got me here to Seattle and he introduced me to his aunt Sarah and I rented a room from her and found a job with Carrick on my first day in town with your mother help. She saw how I was dressed and the way the others were dressed and she had me hired, I think she threw away all the others applications but mine and had me join her and Carrick for an interview.
Mia
That was you wow. A friend of mine whined about that for weeks and she asked me to get an interview with dad, but mom had a word with me and she finally got a job with another friends father and I found out she broke up the mans marriage up. She was going to try that on my dad and has been trying for Elliott and Christian, but they know her type. Elliott, Kate Kavanagh has been calling me asking if you can give her an interview?
Elliott
Tell her no way, and Christian says no as well.
Mia
Are you sure? Anastasia can she interview you?
Anastasia
What for?
Mia
Well about everything and how you became so wealthy and how you didn't know who Sarah of Fred Williams were all this time.
Anastasia
I am not going to do that sorry. She has so many stories about so many other things why about wealthy people. Why not do stories about veterans, homeless, and shelters and things that need the attention no one else gives them. People are starving and being killed and a lot of other things need to be in the front pages instead of who made their first million and what someone wore last night at a charity event and how much it costs.
Christian
I watch as Anastasia gives her soap box speech and she has amazed me. I ask her if she is ready to go, because I am. We head to my car and Erin joins us.
Anastasia
I am walked to the door of my house and Erin unlocks the door and checks the house and Christian asks me to give him my number and I decided to do it. He then asks me out to dinner soon if I am okay with that?
Christian
When she says yes to dinner I explain that we will draw the attention of the paparazzi and she asks who are they.I explain they are the people that who take photos of me with whomever I am with and prints it in the papers.
Anastasia
I tell him that I won't talk to any of them at all. We kiss goodnight and he leaves and I go to bed.