XXV

22 BBYGeonosis, Outer Rim

22 BBY
Geonosis, Outer Rim

The deep blue void of hyperspace surrounded Jaika's fighter, as she traveled across many different systems. She glanced down at the monitors in the fighter, following the route that Jango's ship had taken. 

A few moments later, the hyperspace tunnel dissipated as she was shot into the system that belonged to the desolate planet of Geonosis. Obi-Wan's fighter appeared beside Jaika's, as they both detached from the hyperspace rings, flying towards the red planet. 

Jaika steered the Jedi fighter towards the asteroid belt that was wrapped around Geonosis, as she kept her sight on the strange ship that they were following. As the Jedi weaved between asteroids, C1-X started to let out a chain of beeps. "Force, stop swearing. What are you saying?" Jaika asked, surprise in her voice as she had never heard her potty-mouthed droid release so many curse words in one sentence before.

The C1 droid let out a dramatic sigh, before he let out a grumbled beep making Jaika's eyes widen. "A seismic charge?" Jaika asked, before quickly steering the fighter in another direction as she tried to avoid the incoming blast. 

Pulling the fighter up, she looped her fighter before diving down underneath a large asteroid and pushing forward on the accelerator. After a few seconds, the loud sound that resonated from the charge traveled across the area, as the blue energy field spread. Jaika cringed slightly as she piloted the ship away from the destruction of the blast.

The Skywalker girl let out a sigh once the blast dissipated, before C1-X let out another beep. "What? Another one? For Force's sa--" Jaika grumbled, before she forced the fighter to dive further down into the asteroid field. The ship weaved between asteroids as she felt the vibrations of the traveling energy charge near her ship. 

The Skywalker girl forced the fighter forward even more as the blast slowly died down before disappearing. Jaika looked down at her scans and saw Jango's ship fly into an asteroid before Obi-Wan's fighter flew after them. "Genius." Jaika muttered, earning an enthusiastic laugh from C1-X. 

Steering her ship into another direction, Jaika flew out to the outer perimeter of the conflict, keeping her distance from the Slave I. The Padawan watched from afar as the ship fired a missile towards Obi-Wan's fighter, sparking worry within Jaika as she watched his ship fly faster in an attempt to dodge the missile. Even though they were in space, Jaika could still hear the Jedi Master's grumbles. 

Jaika's eyes widened when she saw an explosion thunder in the distance, making Jaika's heart suddenly drop. The girl frowned, if he was killed wouldn't she have felt it? The girl reached forward and tapped a few buttons on her monitor, before she found the status of the other fighter. Jaika let out a deep sigh of relief. He was alright.

Before the girl could celebrate, the bounty hunter's ship steered into view. Jaika's guess was that they realized they hadn't seen her ship in a while. Letting out a huff, Jaika steered her fighter away from the Slave I that flew behind her. The fighter weaved between asteroids, as the girl turned the ship on its side to fit through small gaps; something Jaika had always enjoyed doing.