LXII

19 BBYSullust, Outer Rim

19 BBY
Sullust, Outer Rim

Her eyes eagerly watched the machinery engulf Wolffe, operating on his unconscious mind. Her eyes drifted towards Alpha, who stood beside the operation table, as he varied the adjustments of his scopes in anticipation. The droid swiveled his head around and gazed back at Jaika, who remained on the floor with her knees brought up to her chest. Alpha let out a chirp once the machinery stopped moving, making Jaika's eyes light up ever so slightly. "Now we wait." She murmured.

Jaika tried to push her dread down, she tried so hard to not doubt herself and doubt the galaxy. But at this point, she even doubted the force. The Jedi closed her eyes and sucked in a deep breath, while her aching heart hammered against her chest, distracting her conscious from her much needed calmness. She let in a deep breath and felt the walls within her mind simmer into a gentle hum. 

Her mind ached as she became lost in her thoughts. Her surroundings blurred as she honed in on her search, using all of her power to try and feel something, anything. The distance was so far, yet she felt so close, it was just out of reach. Jaika had hope, she knew things would and should be okay; but then she recalled the events which had just occurred. Even skilled Jedi who had been in the Order for decades had perished at the hands of the clones.

Jaika froze when she reached a dead end, barricaded with a wall which was unbreachable. The girl let out a heavy breath and pulled her consciousness away from the stubborn barrier. "Obi-Wan.." She muttered, in a volume that was quieter than a whisper. Her call tremored within her mind, as the air around her grew thinner. The girl moved further away from the force's plane, ready to accept what she refused to; a fact that she could never live with. 

A distant heartbeat echoed beneath the layers of destruction, hiding within the many consciousnesses which had been lost to the same cause. 

Jaika let out a heavy exhale, relief was not strong enough of a word to describe how she was feeling. He was still alive. She did not know for how long, but all that mattered to Jaika was that he was alive in that very moment. For the first time in hours, Jaika felt a sensation which was close to contentment. 

A searing pain tore itself through her heart, gashing a cut through her lungs, choking Jaika in a tight grasp. Her breath got caught in her chest, making her struggle to inhale. The pain in her chest grew, infecting itself through her body and making her arms and legs numb. The pain glowed in power, burning her chest. A tight pressure secured itself around her mind, inflicting pain within her head. Sharp shards were flung through her mind, sending painful tremors across her muscles; reliving the pain that Jaika had experienced so far in life, and multiplying the intensity of her agony.

Many memories flashed across her mind as her thoughts were opened. Different stories and plot lines which she had lived through, different emotions and reactions which she had felt. Although each memory was different, they all had one thing in common - Plo Koon.