XXXVII

20 BBYMortis, Wild Space

20 BBY
Mortis, Wild Space

Now standing in an open air arena, Anakin stood beside the father. Looking over his shoulder once again, he looked down at Jaika who laid on the ground unconscious. His heart drummed rapidly in his chest as he looked down at her, as he feared for what could happen to her. "It is time to face your guilt and know the truth." The father spoke, as a distant roar echoed in the distance. 

Anakin did not put up a fight, in case he risked his sister's life. So he stood, watching as two winged creatures flew above the arena, holding Obi-Wan and Ahsoka like their prey. The creatures descended into the area, placing the Jedi on their feet as they landed, as they kept their prey in their tight grasp. "Whatever he wants, don't do it Master!" Ahsoka called out. 

On the opposite side of the arena, was Obi-Wan who was caught in the grasp of the other creature. The man assessed the area they were in, as he inspected Anakin, who wore a heavy shade of hesitance. Obi-Wan's gaze slowly moved towards the body that was collapsed on the hard ground, which sparked a sense of urgency within the Jedi. He could not see any physical harm on her body, but in a place so strong in the force, he did not know what damage had been done. In turn, he started to grunt as he tried to move from under the creature's grasp, but came to no avail. Anakin met his friend's gaze, "Let them go. I will not play your games."  Anakin ordered the father, seeing the people he cared about suffering, while he stood free.

"Oh, but I think you will. I have ordered my children to kill your friends. The question is..." The father spoke before disappearing, Anakin turned as his eyes fell onto the father once again, who had teleported onto a podium. "...which one will you choose to save? Your Master? Or your apprentice? You must now release the guilt and free yourself by choosing." The father auctioned, as the Jedi suffered. "No!" Anakin refused.

"Their powers are too strong for us, Anakin. Save Ahsoka." Obi-Wan advised, as both he and Ahsoka groaned against the creature's grip. Obi-Wan looked down at Jaika, who still lay unconscious and unmoving. The Jedi worried that she may be in danger if she did not wake up, as he questioned what kind of suffering the father was putting her through. Even with his Jedi powers, Obi-Wan could not sense anything coming from the girl. "Let them go." Anakin ordered once again.

"Only you can make my children release them." The father spoke, before glancing down at the female twin. "And you might want to think quickly. The longer your decision takes, the more years are taken from her life." The father revealed, making everything within Anakin drop as he looked down at his sister. Obi-Wan in response gasped, as he also looked at the girl, who's life was being shortened. "Anakin, the planet is the Force. Use it." Obi-Wan advised, in an attempt to get Anakin to speed up his choice.

Anakin closed his eyes as he prepared, "You will let them go!" Anakin ordered, as a gust of wind plowed towards both sides, making the creatures take a step back. Anakin's attempts were not successful. The father laughed, making Anakin turn and glare up at him. "You may find success in a partner's aid." The father spoke, making Anakin frown as he followed the father's gaze to where Jaika was.