XXII

22 BBYCoruscant

22 BBY
Coruscant

Sitting down by herself on one of the seats in the transport, Jaika watched many buildings fly past; the Coruscant sun sending a gentle beam of light through the window of the transport, lighting up Jaika's skin into a gentle golden hue. The Skywalker girl glanced to the right, where Anakin and Obi-Wan were sat together, talking among each other. Jaika could not hear what they were talking about, but something told her that Obi-Wan was lecturing Anakin.

Jaika could sense Anakin's anxieties from where she sat. She glanced over at her brother and quickly met his gaze, before he turned his attention back to his Master. Jaika discreetly glanced towards Padmé, who was speaking with Captain Typho and her handmaidens; Padmé appeared to be somewhat unhappy by the Council's decision of sending her into hiding, Jaika couldn't exactly blame her.

The transport gently touched down onto the landing platform, before the doors opened and a ramp lowered down for people to walk down. Jaika started to stand up from her seated position, while observing the conversation between Padmé and Dormé, who appeared to be in tears at the sight of seeing Padmé leave.

"You'll be fine." Padmé comforted her handmaiden Dormé, who started to cry in front of her. Jaika stood a few feet away from the pair, observing their interaction. The Padawan glanced to her right, observing her brother who was starting to stand up as well. Jaika noticed the way Anakin readjusted his tunic, before he ran his hands through his hair to fix it up slightly. Once he finished fixing himself, Anakin looked up and glanced towards Padmé, noticing that she was already occupied in a conversation. Jaika looked away from her brother and crossed her arms over her chest before rolling her eyes. It did not surprise her that Anakin was trying to look his best, even when he was wearing a sandy tunic as his refugee disguise.

"It's not me, Milady. I worry about you. What if they realise you've left the capital?" Dormé questioned, her face morphing into a worried expression. Jaika slowly walked towards the doors of the shuttle and leaned against the window, observing Anakin who was being lectured by Obi-Wan. Jaika just knew that Anakin wasn't listening to a word that he was saying.

"Well, then my Jedi protector will have to prove how good he is." Padmé answered, tilting her head slightly in Anakin's direction, who was stood behind her by the doors of the shuttle. Jaika noticed the tiny smirk that spread across his lips, which made the Skywalker girl roll her eyes once again. It didn't really surprise Jaika that Anakin had become the ladies man, as he was always the charmer when they were children. It was the fact that he was desperately trying as a hard as he can to please Padmé, which was sending Jaika into a state of questioning.

The sound of approaching footsteps made Jaika look over, as Obi-Wan walked past her to talk to Anakin. Jaika's eyes observed the Jedi Master's face, which was morphed into a concerned expression as he started to speak with Anakin. Dragging her gaze away from Obi-Wan, Jaika directed her focal attention towards her nails, as she picked the annoying skin that surrounded her nail.