XXVIII

22 BBYJedi Temple, Coruscant

22 BBY
Jedi Temple, Coruscant

It had been a day since the battle of Geonosis, and the energy within the Jedi Temple was quiet, too quiet. While she walked towards the hospital wing, Jaika could sense the feeling of regret and loss floating within the air, as many Jedi came to terms with how many of them had been lost the previous day.

Jaika had awoken a few hours ago with many bruises across her body, as well as having a mild concussion from being throne into rocks multiple times. She had been encouraged to rest for the next few days, but Jaika refused as she insisted that she must see her brother who had not awoken yet. 

Entering the hospital wing, Jaika was directed towards Anakin's room. The girl opened the door and stepped into the dark room that was void of any light, not even the smallest crack from the curtains allowed a peak of light inside. Jaika walked towards the curtains and gently opened them, letting the light spill into the spacious room.

Turning to the bed, Jaika laid her eyes upon her brother who was resting peacefully. The girl traveled around his bed and stopped by his right arm, which had been replaced with a metallic arm. Jaika felt something inside of her drop when she looked at the inhuman body part attached to her brother. Even looking at the prosthetic limb made Jaika feel like she lost her arm too. 

The doors drifted open as a medical droid came in with a data pad. "He is in stable condition and we predict that he will wake up over the next few days. His recovery won't be easy, as he'll have to learn how to use his hand again. He'll have to be patient." The doctor explained. Jaika kept her eyes on her brother, before she gently touched the metallic arm, feeling its cold and unwelcoming touch.

"I understand, thank you." Jaika spoke, nodding to the droid in respect. The girl looked at Anakin and already predicted that Anakin's recovery will not be easy. He isn't the most patient of people, so there will have to be a lot of engagement needed from his part. Jaika had already volunteered herself to help Anakin in this period, as she knew that she was the only Jedi that could calm him down. 

She knew that he would not only have to learn how to use his hand again, but also how to use the force with that hand - which would not be an easy task to fulfill. And although Obi-Wan is his Master and was the one who taught Anakin how to use the force, Jaika knew that he would grow frustrated with his Master; so she must be the one to complete this task.

Many days had passed and Jaika stayed by Anakin's side for the whole time. Every few hours C1-4X would come in and deliver her food and drinks, as well as sitting there for her company. A few times Padmé had come in as well, but sometimes she had to disappear to plan for an upcoming event that the Senator would not reveal to Jaika, for reasons that confused the girl.

Obi-Wan had also visited Anakin while Jaika had been there, but due to the current political array in the galaxy, he has had to attend many meetings with the Jedi Council as they prepared for the breakout of a full-scale galactic war.