XLVI

20 BBY Coruscant, Core Worlds

20 BBY 
Coruscant, Core Worlds

"Not bad, but you hesitated. Try again." Jaika instructed, as she circled around Ahsoka. The Togruta girl nodded, as she tightened her grip on her duel lightsabers. Jaika observed the girl, as her wrists shook slightly, while her breath quickened. She was stressed. 

Ahsoka's mannerisms made Jaika wonder how Anakin treated the girl whenever they trained. Jaika walked towards the younger girl, as she observed her posture. Jaika placed her gentle hands on Ahsoka's arms, as she bent them at the joint to give her more control over the two weapons. "Loosen your muscles, you'll have less control if you're tensed up." Jaika commented, as she placed a gentle hand on the girl's shoulders. Jaika sensed Ahsoka's stress decrease as she repositioned into a calmer stance. 

Jaika stepped away from the Padawan as she shot the girl a smile. "Now try." Jaika commented, as she pressed a button as the training bots activated and started to fire at the girl. Jaika watched as Ahsoka turned, moving both blades around her as she did so. All was going well until a bot snuck from behind her and blasted her in the shoulder; the blast distracted Ahsoka as she received more shots from the surrounding droids. 

Letting out a small sigh, Jaika powered down the droids. She quickly joined Ahsoka's side, who was rubbing her arms where the blasts hit her. "Are you alright?" Jaika asked, sensing doubt drift from the young girl. Ahsoka let out a sigh, as she dropped her arms and let them hang by her side. "I can't do it." She spoke in a low voice, as her sad eyes glanced down to the floor. 

Jaika felt her heart break from her sadness, she was always such a bright and enthused girl; Jaika wanted to do anything to bring that girl back. Jaika placed a gentle hand on Ahsoka's shoulder, making the girl gentle glance up at her. "You can do it. I believe in you. I don't care how long it will take, but I am willing to train with you every day until it feels right." Jaika comforted, as she felt a stir within Ahsoka. The girl sent Jaika a small smile, it was weak but Jaika knew the power that was held behind it.

"Come on, I'll walk you through it." Jaika beckoned, as they took a step away from each other. Jaika unhooked her lightsabers from her belt before she activated her two blue blades. Jaika twisted her hilts into a reverse grip, before looking back at Ahsoka who did the same. 

Jaika pushed her left arm forward, as her right was pushed back as the blade was extended behind her back. She positioned her body at an angle, before she talked Ahsoka through various blade rotations. Once she talked through them all, she flipped the angles of her blades, and after each few turns, she would look around her before turning slightly, and doing the same with both arms. Ahsoka copied her, and after a few minutes, Jaika sped up the tempo in which she moved. Now both of them were moving in a fast speed, as they blocked invisible blasts. 

The Skywalker took a step back and met Ahsoka's gaze as she sent her a nod. Jaika activated the bots once more, as Ahsoka readied herself. Once the first blast was released, Ahsoka raised her blade and blocked it, while using her other blade to block more shots. Jaika watched as Ahsoka was surrounded by the droids, making her move around in the circle that had been created, as she dodged the blasts.