I

32 BBYMos Espa, Tatooine

32 BBY
Mos Espa, Tatooine

Two pairs of small feet swerved through the dust filled paths of Mos Espa. The sound of cheap fabricated shoes pattering on the hard ground accompanied with the rugged sound of heavy breathing, as two children ran through the busy crowds towards their undesirable destination. 

The children were twins who belonged to a loving mother who had no choice but to survive to supply for her children, despite the demanding and rather harrowing situation that her family was forced into. The children never knew their father; something the children and their mother share in common, as she believes there were no father figure to her offspring.

"Hurry up Jaika, we're going to be late! You know what Watto does when we're late." The boy shouted over the crowds, as the female twin who was called Jaika weaved between different gatherings of beings in attempt to keep up with her brother.

"I know, Ani. It's not my fault your alarm clock malfunctioned." The girl retorted, catching up to her brother Anakin. The pair came to a halt outside a sand rock building that was very similar to the surrounding buildings in the area that they resided in.

The boy straightened his posture from his bent over one, where he caught his breath and turned to look at the blonde girl who stood next to him with her arms crossed. He gave her a side eye before walking forward to the metallic door that had rusted into a brown colour. "You know I made that clock." The boy huffed as his short fingers stabbed the buttons in order to unlock the door.

The girl's lips curved upwards into a faked sincere smile as she held eye contact with her sibling, dropping her arms to her sides. "I know. That is why I'm blaming you." The girl replied with a smirk before dropping it and pushing past her brother into the interior of the building. 

The boy followed after his sister and opened his mouth to defend himself from her critical remark, before quickly closing his mouth as his eyes fell onto the blue Toydarian who was hovering around the workshop with an angered look upon its face. The creature who went by the name Watto, turned to the twins in aggravation. 

"Where have you two been? You know it is trading season here!"  Watto exclaimed in Huttese, the language native to Tatooine after the Hutts claimed power over the dusty planet. Anakin looked down in shame as he came to the realization that the pair of them were going to be punished for his own fault, again

"I thought it was always trading season." The dirty blonde girl muttered quietly, believing the Toydarian would not hear her. Unfortunately, the young girl misread her chances when a deathly glare fell onto her frail figure. 

"Do not speak back to me, girl. Now get to work. Boy, clean the bins outside."  Watto ordered towards the Skywalker boy. He gave a quick nod before crossing the workshop and out of the side door without a word of protest. The Toydarian watched the boy, making sure he traveled to where he was ordered before turning his gaze back down to the younger Skywalker twin. "..and you. Go to the market and fetch me a new engine."  The Toydarian ordered before throwing a pouch of credits for her to use. The girl simply nodded before turning on her heel and heading towards the front door.