XLV

20 BBYZygerria, Outer Rim

20 BBY
Zygerria, Outer Rim

Anakin appeared behind Jaika and Obi-Wan, as they dropped their hands from each other's grasp. After the Jedi received threats from the Queen to whip the two Jedi to prove himself as a Slaver, the Jedi bowed and saluted, giving R2 the signal. 

Moments later, four lightsaber hilts flew through the sky, as Anakin caught them all. He passed one to Obi-Wan, who quickly ignited it before he turned on his heel and held out his hand for Jaika. The girl sent him a thankful smile as he helped her to her feet. Jaika wobbled in her stance, before she turned to face Anakin, who looked at her with a sorry glance once he saw her wounds up close. "Jaika, I-"

"-Not now." Jaika interrupted, as she took the lightsabers and ignited them both. The two shades of blue exposed her position as guards closed in on them. Multiple slavers ran out with whips, as they crackled them towards the Jedi. Jaika swung her sabers with her remaining strength which was now powered by her adrenaline, as she attempted to dodge their attacks.

Jaika twisted past one slaver as she dodged the attack of another. Though she was not fast enough, as one whip latched onto her leg, before another attached to her other. Before she could make her next move, both of her wrists were restrained by whips, as electric currents sent shocks through her body, making her drop her lightsabers as she collapsed onto the ground. Her conscious state quickly left her body.

~☆~

Hours had passed and Jaika found herself in shackles with a disciplinary shock collar tightened around her neck. She stood in the darkness beside Obi-Wan and Rex, as they stood in a shuttle and were transported to a different planet. 

The ship shook as the transport landed, before the ramp slowly lowered and the Togruta prisoner in front of them slowly exited the ship. Jaika looked to her side and shared a glance with Obi-Wan, before they followed after. "My people we have found them." The Togruta man claimed beside the Jedi, as he looked upon the other slaves that stood within the courtyard. 

Walking into the light, they moved upon a platform which looked down into the courtyard that the Togruta slaves stood on. Ahead of them sat a Zygerrian man who's ego was too big for his throne. "General Kenobi, Lieutenant Skywalker. You are the first Jedi I have entertained at our educational center. Few possess a Jedi's resolve, and it is strength of will that is my greatest enemy." The man spoke, as he pressed a button on his throne.

As he did so, an entire row of slaves fell through the platform and plummeted down into the abyss. Jaika's eyes widened, as their distant cries echoed, plaguing her mind. Jaika glared up at the man, who smiled with mischief. "Now that I have your attention, Jedi, be aware that it will not be you who suffers should you defy me." The man warned, before the group of them were rushed along.

~☆~

Fumes surrounded Jaika, as her palms burned. The corroded metal of the shovel in her hands scraped against her skin, as she shoveled waste into the tall bins. The smoke and lava streams acting as the only source of light, as its intensity caused a slight dizziness in Jaika's head.