LXIII

19 BBYSullust, Outer Rim

19 BBY
Sullust, Outer Rim

A silence fell upon them as the hallway outside was empty. Wolffe looked through the vizor of his helmet, inspecting their surroundings,  looking down both ways of the corridor before he looked back at Jaika.

Her eyes were glued to the metallic flooring, as her deep breaths echoed against the walls. Her chest rose and fell, as her fingers shook. "Jai.." Wolffe spoke out in a soft tone, grabbing her attention.

Jaika looked up at him, her steel blue eyes accentuating the tears which brimmed her eyes. The skin which surrounded her eyes had turned a deep pink as her sadness and pain began to take over her other emotions. "We should go." Jaika muttered, standing up. Wolffe watched as she stepped past him, completely unaware of the many deaths and cries of children that Jaika had just sensed.

She blinked back her tears as if they were never there and stepped out into the open. Wolffe's eyes widened from her sudden actions and stepped out after her, following the Jedi down the halls with his blasters drawn.

The dark halls seemed to be never ending, as the maze-like layout made it seem impossible for them to escape. "Alpha, help us find a way out." Jaika ordered, earning a chirp from the droid. The astromech wheeled towards a wall and hooked himself into the system, running through various data files. The droid beeped before he projected a map of the cruiser.

Jaika approached her droid and inspected the map, memorising the many corridors which all lead to the main hanger. That is suicide, she knew they had to find another way. Moving the map, Jaika discovered the location of the escape pods. "That's our way out. Escape Pods." Jaika spoke up, as she eyed the holographic map.

When she received no answer from Wolffe, the girl frowned and gazed over her shoulder. Jaika looked back at Wolffe, noticing the way he stood a couple of feet away from her. He did not move, as he still held his pistols in his hands. Jaika's eyes crawled down his arms and noticed how his hands began to tremble.

"Wolffe." Jaika called out, in an attempt to gain his attention. His helmet twitched in her direction, but not enough for his attention to be set on her. Jaika was confused, it was as if he had been set under some kind of trance. "Wolffe..." Jaika repeated, taking a careful step towards him.

Jaika's hands trailed towards her lightsaber hilts as she stepped closer. "...everything alright?" She questioned, still getting no response. She unhooked her hilts and held them tightly in her palms, stepping closer towards her Commander. "Wolffe. Are you there?" She called out once more.

A distant tremor echoed in the distance, as a faint clutter resonated through the halls. Jaika gazed over her shoulder as the sound grew closer. "No...not now." She groaned to herself and turned her attention back to Wolffe.

"Wolffe. Come on, snap out of this, now." She demanded, hitting him on the shoulder. She received no response once again. The girl grimaced as she raised a hand and tugged at her hair. "Kriff! Come on, I need you now!" She muttered.