III

32 BBYMos Espa, Tatooine

32 BBY
Mos Espa, Tatooine

The sand howled through the wind at an aggressive rate by the time the twins reached their home. They were all covering their faces to prevent the sand from getting in their eyes, which was something Jaika learned to do after being blinded for a week because she thought she was strong enough to face the sand. She wasn't and complained in her bed for a week. 

Anakin pressed a button and an electric door slid open, allowing the outsiders to pile into the small home. The travelers brushed themselves off from the amount of sand that they collected after walking for a few minutes. As Jaika stayed with the group, Anakin dispatched from them and called out, "Mum! Mum! We're home!" Anakin gave the group a glance as the Gungan commented on the interior of the house, "Dissen Cozy." The annoyingly high pitched voice spoke out, already aggravating the Skywalker girl. 

"Why does he speak like that?" Jaika whispered to Anakin, who looked at her before quickly glancing back at the Gungan who was observing his surroundings. He looked back at his twin sister and shrugged. After a few moments an over-worked woman came strolling into the home, before coming to an abrupt halt when she noticed the new guests. The mother, who goes by the name of Shmi turned to her children in confusion. "Oh, my! What's this?" She claimed, looking at the visitors who still stood by the entrance. Anakin's smile brightened as he thought of the friends him and his sister had made, stepping forward and pointing towards the group.

"These are our friends, Mum. This is Padmé and...gee, I don't know any of your names." Anakin spoke awkwardly, as he realized where his attention was focused. Jaika shook her head at her twin brother, although she did not make the effort to get to know the others either. The nice man looked at the Skywalker mother with a kind smile.

"I'm Qui-Gon Jinn, this is Jar-Jar Binks." The man introduced. Shmi smiled in greeting, before the astromech droid let out a chain of beeps, making Padmé laugh. "..and our droid R2-D2." The girl introduced, motioning towards the blue and white droid who let out a content sounding beep. A small smile itched onto Jaika's face, as she started to grow a fondness towards the little droid. 

Once the introductions were resolved, Anakin turned on his heel and took Padmé by her hand with enthusiasm, "I'm building a droid. You wanna see?" He asked the foreign girl, who allowed the young boy to drag her through the narrow hall. Shmi looked at her daughter's quiet demeanor before concluding that this was because of her son, "Anakin! Why are they here?" She called out, before a youthful voice shouted down the halls in response, "A sandstorm, Mum. Listen!" After a moment of silence, all that could be heard was the sound of the wind howling outside, along with the clatters of sand hitting metallic objects outside. 

Jaika walked away from the group and into the kitchen. She crouched down onto her knees and took out a rag of fabric, observing the length of it. She stopped as she overheared Qui-Gon's gentle voice from the entrance, "Your children were kind enough to offer us shelter." The man spoke, gratitude clear in his voice. Jaika smiled to herself, as she thought of how she probably saved the travelers from enduring the strength of the sandstorm.