LXI

19 BBYSullust, Outer Rim

19 BBY
Sullust, Outer Rim

Jaika's own breath was all that she could hear, as her heart drummed against her chest, sending vibrations against her ribs. Her shallow breaths got caught within her chest as she gazed around her, as the Wolfpack kept their attention on the blast doors ahead of them. She stood within the tight confinements of the many clones, unable to move in the restricted space.

Shifting her weight between her legs, she regained some sense in her feet and stepped forward, slipping between the clones as she proceeded further forward. The further she stepped, the more her hearing cleared, as the muffles around her turned into distinguishable speech from the troopers around her. 

Now being able to hear what was going on around her, Jaika's attention turned towards Master Prine and Navess, who stood by the blast doors. Beside them were Boost and Comet, who were working together with Alpha to open the door. While they worked, the Master peered down disapprovingly to his apprentice. "What did I tell you about formalities with other Jedi?" He scolded, earning a small hum from Navess. "I know, Master, I'm sorry. It all just, came out. It won't happen again, I'll do better." She apologized, gazing up to her Master with sad eyes.

Master Prine hummed, as he looked his Padawan up and down. "You need to go over form three, your grip is not tight enough, and try to keep your focus." Master Prine critiqued. Jaika continued to step forward, through the crowd as she neared the two Jedi. Before she could reach them, a hand was placed on her shoulder, making Jaika glance up towards Wolffe. "Are you alright?" He questioned, making Jaika's pulse quicken. The Jedi quickly shielded her emotions as she put on a defensive facade. "Yes, of course Wolffe. You seem to act like there's always something wrong with me." Jaika answered, joking to herself as she shrugged her shoulders in nonchalance. 

Wolffe watched the Jedi through his vizor, analysing the way she continued to reassure herself. The Commander let out a sigh, before he took a step closer to her, "It's because I notice things, Jaika. I've fought by your side for long enough to know---" Wolffe started, before his communicator chimed from his wrist. Wolffe quickly straightened out his posture as he watched the flashing light, before he peered back towards the Jedi. "I need to take this." He answered, before he stepped away from Jaika, through the crowds of troopers towards the back of the group. 

Jaika watched her Commander leave, as he disappeared within the masses of clone armor. Once she lost sight of him, the air suddenly grew stale. Jaika's eyebrows twitched as her chest tightened ever so slightly, before she turned her attention back to the two Jedi. She approached the two with a small smile, "Master Prine, Navess." She greeted, earning a small bow from the man and a beaming smile from the Padawan. "Any progress on that door?" She questioned, cocking her head towards the two clones who knelt beside her droid. Navess shrugged, "I think they're nearly done, or at least that's what Comet keeps telling me whenever I ask him." The girl shrugged, earning a small smile from Jaika.