X

32 BBYNaboo

32 BBY
Naboo

Jaika sat next to Anakin in the cockpit, looking out of the window at the approaching planet. From the looks of it, Naboo was very green and full of nature. Jaika could hear Anakin questioning the pilot on multiple controls on the ship. 

The sliding door opened, as Captain Panaka and Obi-Wan walked in, towards the pilot to check on the status of the planet. Jaika guessed that whatever they were to talk about was very important. The girl jumped down from her seat and grabbed Anakin's arm, pulling him out of the cockpit. "Come on, Ani. Let's find R2." The girl suggested, as the pair walked through the ship towards the lift.

The door slid open and the twins walked out, spotting the Queen and her handmaidens preparing to disembark the ship. Anakin's eyes scanned the handmaidens before spotting Padmé, causing him to rush towards her, pulling Jaika along with him. "Hi! Where have you been?" Anakin asked Padmé in greeting. 

Padmé quickly turned around, her eyes widening when her gaze landed on the young twins. "Ani! Jai! What are you doing here?" She asked, her eyes wide in shock as she looked down at the curious siblings. Anakin looked over at her sister, who nodded towards Padmé, as if she were telling him that it's alright to reveal their reasoning to her.

"We're with Qui-Gon, but they're not going to let me be a Jedi." Anakin revealed, looking down at his feet in sadness. Jaika diverted her gaze away from her brother, feeling slightly guilty that she was accepted while her brother was harshly declined. Her and Anakin had been through a lot together and always stuck by each other's side, it almost felt like she was betraying him because she was to be trained and he wasn't. 

"This is going to be dangerous." Padmé warned, kneeling down to their level; making sure the twins knew how serious the situation is. Jaika's inner instincts kicked in, as she was aware from Padmé's revelation of Naboo a few days prior, that people are in trouble. "Is it? We can help? Where are we going?" Jaika asked.

Jaika noticed a variety of emotions flash over Padmé's eyes. Jaika could tell that whatever was happening meant a lot to Padmé, as well as it being a situation where no one quite knew the outcome and what could be of Naboo afterwards. "To war, I'm afraid. The Queen has had to make the most difficult decision of her life. She doesn't believe in fighting. We are peaceful people." Padmé explained, a desperate yet fearful expression painted over her face. Jaika could feel the fear and tension radiating off Padmé; as if she were worried about her people and if going to war was the right thing to do.

"I want to help." Anakin spoke, earning a small smile from Padmé. She stood up as the ship touched down onto the ground, before the ramp lowered, revealing a forest. Jaika guided Anakin out of the way as troops walked around the ship, gathering supplies for the expected conflict with the trade federation. The girl watched with curiosity, as some troops picked up blasters of multiple sizes and models before walking outside into the swampy forest.