LIV

19 BBYCoruscant, Core Worlds

19 BBY
Coruscant, Core Worlds

Letting out a heavy breath, Jaika ran into the hanger of the cruiser. Her eyes softened when she laid eyes on Ahsoka and the 501st, whose helmets were painted in her honor. "Anakin, Rex, prepare all forces. We're jumping to hyperspace immediately." Obi-Wan revealed, as they all gazed back with curious glances. Ahsoka briefly met Jaika's gaze, making a warm feeling spread within Jaika's chest. The girl could not express how happy she was to see Ahsoka again, though she wished circumstances were different.

Rex complied to Obi-Wan's order and turned to command his brothers, as they all ran to prepare for hyperspace. "So the attack on Mandalore was approved?" Anakin asked, looking between Obi-Wan and Jaika. Obi-Wan tutted and crossed his arms. "No, it's Coruscant. Grievous has attacked the capitol." Obi-Wan revealed.

Jaika lowered her gaze to the ground, as a dark energy swarmed her mind. The siege of Mandalore could have been a pivotal battle for the Republic, if they captured Maul then many other systems would fall too. Jaika wanted the madman to be detained, as the reminder of what he did to Qui-Gon resurfaced, and Obi-Wan's heartbreak from what he did on Mandalore made Jaika want Obi-Wan to end their quarrelling. Jaika knew that the Jedi Council had something to do with their diverging mission. They'd prefer they focus on a mission in the Capital where a lot of Jedi are, than in a system which if they free, could become a powerful ally.

Ahsoka frowned at the two men, as her resentment grew for the Order. She carefully gazed towards Jaika, who was lost in her own thoughts as she observed Obi-Wan. Ahsoka frowned while observing her, detecting ounces of doubt drift from her. The mention of the Jedi made the faintest frown crease against Jaika's skin, as her eyes glossed over in conflict. That's new, Ahsoka thought. She was aware that Jaika viewed the Jedi in a more realistic perspective than the others, who still looked through rose-tinted glasses. Ahsoka thought about what Jaika said when she left the Order, apologizing for their failure. She did not think her confidence in them would fall so far so soon.

"Shaak Ti has been sent to protect him, but Master Windu has lost contact with her." Obi-Wan explained after Anakin asked about the Chancellor. "Not to worry, our fleet can be there within the hour." Obi-Wan comforted Anakin. Jaika instantly frowned, as she peered towards Ahsoka's irritated expression. "So that's it? You're going to abandon Bo-Katan and her people?" Ahsoka accused with a glare.

Obi-Wan frowned, "Ahsoka, surely you understand that this is a pivotal moment in the Clone Wars. The heart of the Republic is under attack." Obi-Wan explained, stepping towards her. Jaika crossed her arms as she peered between the two. Alpha beeped beside her, not liking the building tension, as she gently patted his head to comfort the droid. Jaika met Anakin's gaze, as he widened his eyes, while she narrowed hers and gave him a frown; the two sharing contrasting opinions. Ahsoka crossed her arms, "I understand that, as usual, you're playing politics. This is why the people have lost faith in the Jedi. I had too, until I was reminded of what the Order means to people who truly need us." Ahsoka expressed. Jaika peered towards her when she mentioned people's lack of faith, making Jaika remember the horrifying stories that she heard from the underworld of the Jedi destroying villages during battles. "Right now, people on Coruscant need us." Obi-Wan pointed out with stern eyes.