XL

20 BBYLola Sayu, Outer Rim

20 BBY
Lola Sayu, Outer Rim

It had been hours. The squad was now hidden in a remote cave that looked out into the depths of the Citadel prison. The group were forced into hiding, in order to stay alive. And after the death of an ARC trooper, the squad had realized the danger of the mission, and that even the most trained people in the group were at risk. That was why Fives stood aside to the group on look out, surveying everything like a hawk; to keep everyone safe, after failing to keep the one person he cared deeply for alive. He needed to take his mind of what had happened, so he watched, and watched for hours.

After Rex checked on the lone trooper, Fives glanced towards the interior crevice of the cave. His eyes landed on the female Skywalker, who sat alone, away from the rest of the group. She sat within a calm aura, though Fives knew the girl well enough to know that it was not the case. As Fives looked at the girl, he felt ounces of guilt rise within him when he recalled the incident of Jaika risking her life to keep him safe. The clone felt lucky in a sense, that there was a Jedi as compassionate as Jaika, to look out for him and keep him safe. Although he regretted forcing Jaika into such a dangerous position; he was glad that he knew she had his back. 

Sitting with her legs crossed, Jaika sat away from the group. Letting out a breath, she collected her thoughts as she attempted to calm herself. The mission so far had been overwhelming, and after losing Echo, someone Jaika deemed as a friend; the girl was not sure how long the rest of them had until they were all lost.

She was usually a positive person, and saw light in all situations. But the sky of Lola Sayu set a dark cloud over Jaika's judgement, as her pessimistic thoughts weighed her anxieties, as she expected the worst. Glancing towards the other Jedi, she immediately sensed ounces of apprehension course from their beings. None of them knew of the possible outcome, and no one wore a calm and composed demeanor.

Which was why Jaika chose to turn to the one person she could find solace in. 

Jaika closed her eyes and inhaled before letting out a deep breath. Her mind explored the force's plane, as her presence searched across many beings. After a few moments, she felt him. A faint smile itched across her dried and cut lips, as her Master's presence was felt within her mind. Despite her attempting to remain calm, it was clear that she was stressed and frightened about the situation that she found herself in. Her Master's spiritial presence managed to calm her, as she sent a message to Plo Koon. 

Despite sensing Jaika for only a few moments, Plo Koon felt enough to realise the scale of the situation. He knew that the situation must have been bad for Jaika to seek out solace from him, when she had her brother with her. Plo Koon had never felt levels of fear as much as he did just then. Their moment was brief, but her feelings were strong. They were in danger. Master Plo quickly turned to his Admiral, to demand him to find a quicker route towards the damned planet.