XIII

29 BBYIlum,Unknown Regions

29 BBY
Ilum,Unknown Regions

The early morning sun beamed through the Jedi temple, reflecting off the marble floor and feeding between the multiple pillars. The long halls of the temple started to fill up as more Jedi awoke and busied themselves with whatever was acquired of them for that day.

Jaika walked through the halls, passing the older Jedi that looked down at her, giving her respectful nods which she returned gratefully. Now dressed in her Jedi robes, the girl felt more at home on Coruscant along with the Jedi than she had when she first joined three years ago. She even made a friend who was also part of her initial training class.

"Jai! Wait up!" A youthful voice called out. Jaika turned around as her gaze fell onto her approaching friend. The blonde girl with golden eyes stopped in front of Jaika, panting slightly as she tried to catch her breath from running. The girl befriended Jaika after the two were paired together in the trials to determine their worth on becoming Padawans. The young Jedi had a few examinations to take, which resolved around them using their practice sabers to defeat multiple threats in simulations and eventually dueling each other. Jaika came to the temple much later than her friend, but that did not make her any less capable than her peers, as the girl was a fast learner.

"Hey Soleil. Has your Master allowed you to come on this trip as well?" Jaika questioned, making the golden-eyed girl's lips break into an enthusiastic smile before nodding violently. Soleil had been pestering Jaika for a few months, questioning when she thought they would get to go on this trip and now that they were going, the young girl was ecstatic.

"Yes. I'm so excited! I guess your Master also allowed you to go?" Soleil asked, tilting her head to the side slightly. Jaika nodded simply in reply, before jerking her head in the direction of the landing platform. Soleil walked by Jaika's side, down the long hallway as they passed the older Jedi whose lightsabers swung slightly from the movement of walking. Both girl's curious eyes gazed towards the lightsabers before they reached their destination of the landing platform.

The two girls noticed other Padawans grouping together by the boarding ramp of a red Corvette ship. The two girls shared a slightly panicked glance before breaking into a sprint as they ran towards the group, neither of them wanting to be late for the preparation talk. The pair joined the back of the group as a figure walked down the ramp, wrapped up in their Jedi robes. Jaika identified the female Jedi as a Tholothian. "Padawans, today is one of the most important days of your life. You will be creating your lightsabers." The Jedi announced, making the Padawans mutter among themselves enthusiastically.

After the Jedi introduced herself as Stass Allie and informed the younger Jedi that the upcoming mission is going to be difficult; the Padawans boarded the ship. Jaika sat down on one of the cushioned seats in the common area of the ship, Soleil joined her side not long after. The two girls talked among themselves, sharing their excitement as they will finally be able to make their own lightsabers.