LI

19 BBY
Unknown Regions, Outer Rim

An angry C1 droid rolled through the halls of the cruiser, grumbling to itself while clones passed it, sending the droid scared glances before they gazed towards its nonchalant owner. Jaika ignored her cross-wired droid as she continued to step through the halls, while sending nods to various clones who passed her. "I'm so tired." She groaned to herself, as her legs started to ache from the constant battling. She never got the chance to have a break, once she returned from one battle she was sent to another. Jaika could barely process any of it, she couldn't even tell where in the galaxy she was. 

The war had never been as chaotic as it was in that moment. Barely anyone was left on Coruscant, as the Jedi were flown to each corner of the galaxy. It was exhausting, Jaika was beyond tired. She did not even have enough time to process her emotions, and considering how the war continued to take lives, it started to weigh down on people and cloud their judgement. It was safe to say that the Jedi's tactics were starting to become a lot more experimental.

As Jaika continued through the corridor, a pair of arms quickly grasped her before she was pulled into a room. The door closed behind her, leaving Alpha alone in the corridor, as he swiveled his confused head at what just happened. The droid sighed before he parked himself outside the door. 

The girl instantly sensed who she was with as she gazed up and looked back at Obi-Wan, who was leaned against the shelving units that were filled with clone armor. He smiled back at her, while she raised an eyebrow at him. "You might want to give me a warning before you do that next time." Jaika suggested, as she could feel her heart still hammering in her chest from being grabbed. Obi-Wan crossed his arms over his chest as he tilted his head to the side, looking down at her. "Now why would I do that?" He questioned, as Jaika shot him a tired glance. "Do you want bruises?" Jaika questioned. 

The man went silent as he thought for a moment, while Jaika sensed his growing amusement. "Well, If you're offering--"

Jaika sighed, "I'm leaving." She groaned, as she turned to the door. A hand instantly grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back, before she was caught in Obi-Wan's embrace. Obi-Wan held onto Jaika, as he traced his finger along her jaw. When his finger reached her chin, he tilted her head upwards, making her eyes meet his. Their close proximity made Jaika's breath catch within her chest, as she gazed up at Obi-Wan. "Are you going to behave now?" Jaika questioned, as she eyed the man.

"With you, never." He smirked, before he tightened his other hand around her waist and leaned down and pressed his lips against hers. Jaika had to refrain from rolling her eyes at him, before she closed her eyes and returned the kiss, draping her arms over his shoulders as she pulled him closer. While one of his hands held her by the waist and kept her close, his other cupped her face. Obi-Wan moved with grace, as he was gentle whenever he was with Jaika. He knew he did not need to be, but the Jedi still felt the need to be soft with the girl. Outside of the room was the hard reality of the agonizing war that they could not escape from; in the few moments that they had away, they were gentle and quiet, to take a break from the never-ending violence which ensued around them.