XLII

20 BBYUmbara, Expansion Region

20 BBY
Umbara, Expansion Region

Jaika stepped into the room, gaining the attention of the other clones who scrolled through various data listings. Rex observed the Jedi who was unreadable, as she inspected the room before her eyes landed on the Jedi General. "I wasn't aware of your presence, Lieutenant." General Krell spoke, eyeing the girl carefully. He tried his best to read her, to gain any indication of what the girl was thinking. He was unsuccessful, as he reached a dead end; proving the tales that he heard were right, the Skywalkers were strong with the force. 

The Skywalker girl looked at Krell. She was livid. Of course she would never show such emotion, as it was against the code. But after hearing his plans to execute Fives and Jesse, the girl had decided she had heard enough. "If you recall from the transmission earlier, all of our communications are blocked." Jaika reminded, eyeing the man as she remembered his rather desperate plans to seize the capital. 

From the moment she heard him speak, Jaika decided she did not like him. The way he disregarded the clone's lives, risking the lives of many to achieve his own personal goal in order to be promoted to his own battalion. Jaika was far from impressed by the elder Jedi. General Krell watched Jaika, who stepped around the circular room, inspecting the data that the clones read. "Yes, I remember. But as I recall, you are assigned to General Kenobi's battalion." General Krell spoke, tucking his arms behind his back.

Jaika did not look up at him, as she leaned over a clone's seat to observe the data readings. Her presence releasing a calm aura from the clone; which already told Jaika enough about his treatment towards his crew. Jaika let out a hum, while she read. "I was. But after the communication channels were apprehended, I decided I should pay a visit, to check on the progress of my brother's battalion." Jaika shrugged, pronunciation that the battalion belonged to her brother and not Krell, in an attempt to humble the man. Rex observed the girl with a curious gaze.

The clone Captain had encountered Jaika on many missions by now, so he knew she was up to something. It was more of a case of what she was planning which filled Rex with curiosity. "I appreciate your concern, Lieutenant; but it seems rather unprofessional for you to act upon your own will." General Krell pointed out.

Jaika slowly moved her gaze away from the screen, towards the Besalisk; as she slowly straightened up from her previous position. "It seems as though there is plenty of that going around." Jaika answered, looking Krell dead in the eyes. Rex's eyes widened once he heard Jaika's accusation. The Captain glanced towards the girl who wore no worry upon her face, as she appeared to have no regrets for just insulting the General.

Krell let out a huff, "I shall remind you of your place, Lieutenant. You must go back to the 212th and General Kenobi; Let him know that I have everything out of control. And take note of where you should focus your concern." General Krell spoke. Jaika tilted her head as she showed a disingenuous smile. "Everything looks under control." Jaika noted with sarcasm, observing the security footage of clones huddling together instead of going about their duties.