IX

32 BBYJedi Temple, Coruscant

32 BBY
Jedi Temple, Coruscant

The girl fiddled with her fingers as she waited outside of the Jedi Council room. Anakin was currently being tested to see if he was worthy of being trained to be a Jedi, she had no idea if it was going well or not. Jaika took in a deep breath to calm her nerves. She recalled Qui-Gon telling her to let go of her feelings before the Podrace, so that was what she was going to do when she met with the Jedi Council. 

A few seconds later the doors to the council room slid open, revealing a frustrated looking Anakin, who was looking down at the floor. She placed her hand on his shoulder, giving it a small squeeze in attempt to comfort him before facing the doors of the council room. He met her gaze and moved his lips to form a small smile in attempt to make himself feel better.

The doors opened once again, revealing a tall woman with tanned skin. She had her dark hair tied up in two braids that looped around to meet together at the back of her head. She looked down at Jaika with a welcoming smile, before motioning with her hand for her to follow her. Jaika did not look back at Anakin, as she wanted to keep her emotions at bay when she is being tested.

She entered the large room, before slowly walking to the center of the circular room. Jaika took note of the twelve Jedi who sat around her, analyzing every move that she made. Jaika swallowed her nerves as she looked up at a dark skinned man, who looked like he held a lot of authority within the council. "Welcome, young one. I am Master Windu; your name is Jaika, am I correct?" The man asked, eyeing the young girl. His deep voice vibrating against the girl's chest. 

"Yes. It's an honor to meet you all." Jaika replied, bowing her head slightly in respect. She noticed Master Windu nod his head slightly. Her gaze moved from Master Windu, to the small green creature who was sat next to him. Jaika guessed that the creature was analyzing her mannerisms, to see if she were intimidated by them. "This is Master Yoda." Master Windu introduced, motioning towards the green creature. Jaika bowed her head lightly at the creature, who kept his gaze set on the girl.

"Why be a Jedi, must you?" The creature asked, letting out a slight hum at the end of the sentence. Jaika was surprised by his way of speaking, as she had not heard anyone speak in that manner before. Jaika's lips parted as she quickly formulated her answer. 

"I come from a planet where people are quite hostile. Even though I wasn't treated fairly, I still learned how to respect those around me and I was patient with them. I always helped those around me, even if they denied it. I guess I just always felt the need to help people and do what I think is right." Jaika spoke, looking between Master Windu and Yoda. 

Once Jaika finished talking, the Jedi Masters looked between each other in surprise and pride. Jaika controlled her curiosity and restrained herself from looking around the room at the Masters behind her, as she kept her gaze set on the two Masters in front of her. Master Windu discreetly nodded his head, understanding what she had shared and Master Yoda let out another hum.