LIII

19 BBYAnaxes, Outer Rim

19 BBY
Anaxes, Outer Rim

The  Republic's forces had been drafted to Anaxes where one of the Republic's shipyards were, after the Separatists launched an attack. The fighting had gone on for many weeks, as the losses continued to climb and become more frequent. Mortalities had loosened their grip on the shipyard, allowing the Separatists to familiarize themselves with victory.

Jaika had been sidelined from battle for days, after her most recent battle saw the demise of her entire squadron. Mace Windu, as a member of the Council, ordered Jaika to take a break from the action. Usually, Jaika would be ecstatic to hear that she would not have to engage in active warfare and witness others commit war crimes when her friends were murdered beside her; but something changed. She sat on the wing of her fighter and stared up at the sky which mixed in hues of orange, Jaika could feel something.

The energy on Anaxes held an energy that she had never felt before. Although the troopers continued to go about their duties, Jaika picked up an aura which they all carried with them. Hope. The girl used to carry that with her too.

The end of the war, she knew it was near. Jaika could not place exactly how she knew but the way her gut stirred in excitement refreshed the girl as she sensed a new future approaching; one with no battle droids and with no Jedi being forced into battle. The girl craved to see the future, as she wanted all of the conflict, loss and betrayal to come to an end at last.

She twirled a spanner around her fingers, before she reached into the wing, tightening loose bolts and reattaching the flaps to the wing. Jaika removed her hand from the interior of the wing and fit the sheet of metal over the hole, "Hey Alpha, pass me the solder." Jaika requested, as the C1 droid rummaged through the toolbox, throwing useless tools to the side with his mechanical arms. The droid picked up the solder and beeped in triumph as he held it up, the Jedi chuckled at his enthusiasm. "Thanks, buddy." Jaika praised, as she grabbed the solder and secured her dark goggles over her eyes.

Many sparks flew from the wing as she reattached the sheet of metal. While Jaika did so, a distant engine roared as a ship accelerated towards the base. "All personnel clear the runway, we have a ship coming in hot, I repeat clear the runway. Medical staff, please standby." A voice called out from the communication tower. Jaika gazed up as many troopers ran to take cover, as AT-TE's marched out of the way and transports moved. 

The loud engine thundered across the caved enclosures, filling the serene air with its polluted outbursts. Jaika gazed up as the familiar gunship nose-dived towards the runway, the Marauder. Jaika judged the pilot's reckless skills as the fighter descended onto the runway, sweeping everything out of its way as it knocked into a pile of crates. 

In an instant, the door to the ship opened as a case of stairs lowered, allowing Anakin to jump out of the ship and walk away. Seconds later, the medical clones rushed aboard the fighter. Jaika's interest spiked as she put the solder down and lifted her goggles up to focus on what was happening, which also caught the interest of other clones who stopped to watch.