XXXIV

21 BBYMandalore, Outer Rim

21 BBY
Mandalore, Outer Rim

"You know your marching orders. The safety of the Duchess Satine is of the utmost importance. The Death Watch will stop at nothing to assassinate her before she pleads her case to the Senate." Obi-Wan explained, looking at the clones before him with an intense stare. Jaika stood between Obi-Wan and Anakin, looking between both male Jedi as they prepped the troops. "The Death Watch may be backed by the Separatists, so stay sharp." Anakin warned, stepping forward.

Jaika looked from the clones, towards R2 who had joined them in the mission. "R2, use your scanners to probe for any suspicious droid activity." Jaika ordered, making the droid swivel his head before beeping in affirmation. Alpha would have joined the mission, if he did not dismantle a Gonk droid in the hanger, making him end up in the droid probation area for the day. "Anything else, Sir?" Rex asked. 

"No, that will be all." Obi-Wan answered, before Cody ordered a few directives towards the other clones, making them disperse from the small circle that they were previously huddled in. The sudden beeping from Obi-Wan's communication device caught Jaika's attention, making her look towards the Jedi. "Yes?" Obi-Wan answered.

"The Duchess and her retinue requests your presence." The voice in the radio spoke. The man's voice sparked slight anxiety within the girl, as it had been a while since she had been around so many people of a high Political status. Jaika had never met the Duchess, and now that she was in her ship, she worried whether things would be awkward. "Very well." Obi-Wan answered.

Not waiting for any longer, Obi-Wan stepped into the lift, followed by Anakin, Jaika and Cody and Rex. The two clones stood at the front of the lift, while the Jedi stood at the back, with Obi-Wan stood on the left side and Anakin on the right. Jaika leaned against the wall beside Anakin, feeling tired from the long journey to the planet. Anakin glanced towards his sister and hit her on her arm, "Don't lean." He muttered to her, earning an eye roll.

As Jaika stood up straight, she caught Obi-Wan's gaze. The girl instantly sensed something off about him, something she couldn't quite place. The way the man kept glancing around the lift, as if he were growing impatient of the journey; as well as his fingers that twitched every few seconds. Jaika raised an eyebrow as she observed him, sensing the feeling of anxiety. This confused Jaika, as she was aware that Obi-Wan had familiarized himself with many politicians, despite not liking their ethics. So why would he feel anxiety in this moment?

"I sense some anxiety from you about the Duchess. She couldn't be in safer hands." Anakin expressed, making Jaika glance towards her brother as he also sensed his feelings. Jaika looked down as she picked her nails, trying to tear off the parts that were uneven, in an attempt to entertain herself in the boring lift ride. "Yes, I know." Obi-Wan answered quickly. Jaika sensed Anakin's curiosity rise to an immense level, "Then why.." Anakin started.

"Never mind." Obi-Wan replied, shutting down Anakin from questioning him anymore. Jaika looked up from her hands as she observed Obi-Wan with a slight frown. Obi-Wan was acting weird, and she couldn't work out how he was feeling, which aggravated her as she was usually able to sense anyone's emotions. Jaika shared a glance with her brother, who in return shifted his eyebrows slightly, displaying his shared confusion. "It's all in the past." Obi-Wan continued, making Jaika look at him again, while Anakin kept his eyes forward.