XXXVIII

20 BBY

20 BBY

Coruscant, Core Worlds

After a rather tiresome briefing which involved Anakin and Obi-Wan arguing; Jaika walked around the dark hanger of the Jedi temple, taking in the mass amount of ships and clones that walked around in preparation for the extraction of Jedi Master Piell from the highly secure prison in the citadel facility on the distant planet of Lola Sayu. 

Kneeling down, Jaika sat at eye level to Alpha, whose head was swiveling with anxiety. "Look, I don't like it either, but you're going to have to stay with them for just this one mission." Jaika comforted, in an attempt to soothe her droid's anxiety about being away from her. Having spent so many years together and as they worked closely up until this point in the war; Jaika could see that the droid had formed some attachment anxiety. Thinking about all the astromechs that had fried or been destroyed in the war, Jaika could understand her droid's worries.

The droid muttered at a quick pace in response, making the girl sigh. "You'll be with Master Plo the entire time, it's not that bad, you like him." The girl reasoned, earning a few short grumbles from the droid. Jaika patted Alpha's head, which swiveled in pettiness. 

"I'll be back before you know it. Anyway, you'll be with the Wolfpack and they need an Alpha to lead them." Jaika explained stroking his head, earning a sigh from the droid as she stood up. Jaika watched as Ahsoka walked away from Plo with her head titled down, as she sensed a feeling of sadness drift from the apprentice. She saw Ahsoka approach Anakin in regard to the mission after she missed the briefing, she could predict what Anakin might have said to Ahsoka; and Jaika for once, couldn't disagree with her brother. Jaika walked past her close friend, as she joined Plo, who was finishing some repairs on his fighter. "Special delivery." Jaika mused, as Plo turned to face the girl.

Plo Koon walked over to Jaika and the droid, as he patted the grumpy droid's head before he glanced at the Skywalker girl. "Thank you, I'm sure he will be a lot of help. I promise I will look after him." Plo swore, knowing all about Jaika's connection to the droid; as he knew she viewed the droid as a fellow friend and possibly even a sibling. Jaika smiled gently at the older Jedi that she cared so much for, "I know you will, you always do." The girl responded, as she started to reminisce on their many journeys and missions together.

Alpha rolled away from both Jedi, as he activated his rockets and flew up into the droid port which was situated on the starfighter's wing. Plo looked down at Jaika, observing her as she prepared to leave their conversation. He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder; something Jaika had not felt in a long time. "Do not worry, you will be great, you always are. You have done so much for this Republic, and you are a treasured fighter. Everything will be alright." Plo comforted, as he sensed Jaika's anxieties that she tried so hard to veil. Jaika let out a heavy breath before she glanced up at Plo. 

Jaika nodded, accepting his praise. "Okay. Thank you Plo, the same goes to you." Jaika wished, ignoring any kind of formalities. She started to step away from the man once she noticed everyone near the carbon freeze chambers. Before the girl could turn her back, Plo took a step forward, embracing the smile that was still on the Skywalker's face.