LVI

19 BBYCoruscant, Core Worlds

19 BBY
Coruscant, Core Worlds

Another alarm blared out. "All the escape pods have been launched." Anakin revealed, drawing Jaika's attention as she read the screen as well. Jaika frowned and released a frustrated breath. "Grievous." She grumbled, before peering down to her droid, who rotated his dish on top of his head.

"Can either of you fly a ship like this?" Obi-Wan questioned, as they assessed various different screens within the room. Jaika peered towards Obi-Wan with an unsure glance, as the large ship seemed overly complicated and wildly different to what they were used to in the Venator cruisers. Anakin sighed as he pressed a couple of buttons on one of the screens. "You mean, what's left of this thing?" Anakin corrected.

Jaika sat herself down in one of the main operative seats, while Anakin sat next to her. Obi-Wan and the Chancellor quickly sat down too, strapping themselves in. Jaika pulled up the ship's log, analysing the current readings of the cruiser's current state. It was not looking good. Anakin peered towards her screen, before they both shared a glance, knowing what it would come to. Anakin began to flick a couple of switches, while Jaika pressed different buttons and pulled different gears back. "Under the circumstances, the ability to pilot this thing is irrelevant. Strap yourselves in." Anakin explained.

The girl pressed a couple more buttons, "Open all hatches, expand all flaps and drag fins." Jaika directed, glancing over towards Obi-Wan who leaned forward and flicked a couple of switches in front of him. A beep hummed from beside Jaika, as she peered towards Alpha who clung onto the desk with his little arms. Jaika was about to experience her second bad landing of the day.

The ship veered further into Coruscant's atmosphere, making the front of the ship burn up while many explosions detonated from within the ship. The explosion made the ship rock, knocking them around while Jaika held onto the controls with a tight grasp. She kept her eyes on the approaching planet in front of her, as she continued to press a few buttons to control the thrusters. 

A loud thundering vibrated through the ship as a low crumbling crackle pierced its way through the silent void. The crumble caused the ship to shake again, only this time it felt more extreme. Once the shaking stopped, a sudden weight was lifted from the two pilots. Anakin peered towards Jaika, who sent him a quizzical glance before he turned around to Obi-Wan, "We lost something." He shared. Jaika turned to one of the screens and swiped the screen to display the ship's log, where she looked upon the rest of the ship. "No really?

Obi-Wan peered towards her screen which flashed red, as he inspected the chart in front of her. "Not to worry. We're still flying half a ship." Obi-Wan comforted, as Jaika peered back to him with a raised eyebrow. 

The cruiser dipped further into the atmosphere, as the entirety of the front of the ship burned, tinting the observation room into a red hue. The ship continued to shake as it dived in a sharper angle than before. "Now we're really picking up the speed." Anakin shared. By now the entirety of the ship burned as sections of the exterior melted from the side of the ship and flew past them. "We're going to lose the entire ship if we don't put it down soon." Jaika expressed, as she pressed another button to engage the thrusters, descending the ship further into Coruscant.