XLIX

19 BBYCoruscant, Core Worlds

19 BBY
Coruscant, Core Worlds

Shutting off her communicator, Jaika hid behind a wall. She was currently in the Underworld, hiding from a gang who were travelling aimlessly through another village. They were a renown gang within the Underworld, known for their corruption, fraud, and in this case, kidnapping.

During her visit, she had been approached by a panicked family, who told her about the affair of their daughter being kidnapped. Jaika did not know why the strangers decided that she was the right person to approach, but the girl decided to help.

Jaika peered around the corner of the wall, as she honed in on the group of men who kicked bins into houses, laughing as the occupants scurried off in fear. The girl's stare hardened, as they stole food from stands and threw them at walls.

These were the people who forced the Underworld into a dimmer light.

The girl flipped her hood over her head as she walked away from the wall. Jaika approached some of the houses and picked up the bins as the occupants slowly came from hiding.

An elderly woman showed her gratitude, as Jaika smiled down at her before stepping away. She spied on the gang, loosely following them as they neared a parking arrangement with many speeders. Jaika made sure to keep her distance to avoid any kind of suspicion.

If the gang knew that they were being followed, they may be influenced to hurt the girl.

Jaika followed them into the parking bay and quickly crouched behind a parked speeder, as she watched the gang.

One gang member turned around, observing the area as if he sensed that they were being followed. Once he saw that no one was there, he turned back around.

They approached a medium sized transport as they all piled in, shaking the speeder about due to their excessive movement. Jaika heard the faintest cry, before it was quickly silenced and replaced with angry male voices.

Jaika had found the culprits.

She ducked lower to the ground as the speeder took off, diving down towards the hole. Turning to her side, she laid eyes upon a speeder bike and jumped onto it, opening the ignition hatch and jump starting it.

The engines spluttered as the old bike turned on. In an instant, Jaika pushed down on the accelerator, speeding the bike out of the parking bay, as she floated down the hole, as she drove within the circular lanes.

The bike left the confinements of the hole, as she moved into one of the many busy lanes that stretched over the darker neighbourhoods. Jaika's eyes quickly landed on the transport, which fortunately for her, was painted bright green with a shoddy paint job. It was hard to miss.

Jaika made sure to stay a few speeders away from the transport, as she kept her eyes on which way it went. The transport abruptly dived downwards, away from the lanes. She kept driving, as her eyes remained on the transport as it lowered down towards one of the neighbourhoods.