Chapter 8

(Sunday, June 6, 2021)

Elizabeth's POV

I woke up pretty early today, first I did my usual morning routine which is washing my face brushing my teeth, and everything else then I went to check on Luna in her room if she was still asleep and she was, I went downstairs to prepare my morning coffee and by then it was only 7 am and Luna woke up at around 8:30-ish, so after I made my coffee I made my way into the backyard and tended to my garden made sure that everything was still intact. I grabbed a few ripe tomatoes from the garden to add to the scrambled egg I was about to make, I went back inside and started preparing all the things I would need to cook.

We ate breakfast and I got her ready since it was a little past 9 am, and they were having their usual Sunday Lunch at Mama's house so I had to get her ready for that as well. I call Y/N's mom Mama because she told me to and she treats me like her child so I couldn't really resist. I don't really know If I'll be going to Sunday lunch because of what happened to me and Y/N last week, I'm afraid It'll be awkward since I've been ignoring her for the past week, other than me calling her but that's for Luna not for me. I mean it was partially my fault since I let it happen, but she's in this as much as I am so shit.

Luna was dressed and we were watching Sunday cartoons on the T.V waiting for Y/N to come and pick her up, Y/N texted me saying they were on the way and that was 20 mins ago. She should be here any minute now since it was less than a 30-minute drive to my house, maybe she got stuck in traffic or maybe stopped by to go pick up food? So we waited for a couple more minutes, Luna had everything packed and ready to go.

Mid episode of whatever we were watching the doorbell rang, I got up from the couch and made my way to the door. I already knew it was Y/N but Luna was too focused on the T.V that I guess she didn't hear the doorbell, I opened the door and saw Y/N wearing a nice brown polo shirt which hugged her muscles pretty well, and I'm pretty sure I gave them as a gift and a nice clean cream-colored chino pants with dress shoes.

"Oh Hey! Why aren't you dressed yet?" they asked me, "What do you mean dressed? I'm not going anywhere" I told her, stepping aside to let her in "Mami literally just told me to come and pick the both of you up. I thought she had already called ahead." She said taking off the sunglasses she was wearing, revealing the beautiful eyes that have been invading my mind for the past week. "No, she didn't call or text me" I told her while walking back into the living room where Luna was. I didn't have the guts to give her a hug, maybe that was a bad move Fuckkkkk.

"Hey Bubby I have a surprise for you" I called out to Luna as soon as I got closer to the Living room, "What is it Momm-" she didn't even get to finish what she was saying. She basically flew out her spot from the couch and into Y/N's arms, "MAMA!!" Luna said when she finally got to hug her mama. It's the moments like this that I wish I hadn't done what I did 8 years ago, I could've had this, her... A family. You know those moments where you know it's just pure joy and just this warm feeling that engulfs you, and it feels nice that you're involved at that moment. This is one of those moments.

I hadn't realized that I've been staring for so long that Luna and Y/N had to call out my name to get my attention, "Elizabeth!", "Mommy!" they both said at the same time, "Yeah! hey, what's up?" I ask, finally snapping out of my dazed state. "Go get ready we'll wait for you, we have more than enough time" Y/N said while setting Luna down who ran back to the couch to watch cartoons, "No it's ok I have to shower do my make up, pick an outfit it'll be too lo-" I tried to say.