Chapter 38

(Attendance here Besties!)

(Tuesday, December 7, 2021)

Y/N's POV

"Alright bitches time to get to work" I screamed at the three people in front of me, we were all in the studio. It was 6 am and we were gonna start recording the song I made a few days ago, and maybe after we're gonna go live on the band's Instagram account to tease the album.

"Why do you have to be so hyper this early?" Vero complained as she yawned, I threw a pillow at her face and said "Well because I'm excited for you to hear the song, and I'm running on basically 4 hours of sleep so, my high is gonna come down in a few hours deal with it while it lasts" I said while grinning. "Well, we don't have all day Fuego let's hear it," Ivy said while rubbing her eyes, so I got the file from the laptop, which I connected to the soundboard, which was connected to the speaker.

I recorded a demo while I was at home, it was still rough but with the girl's insight on the song itself. I know it'll blossom into the song it's supposed to be, "Y'all ready?" I asked before playing the song, I looked at them and saw them raise up their thumbs in confirmation so I played the song. "Girl's I present to you, Paper Rings"

---

"You are one whipped mother fucker that's for sure" Liv said as I paused the song halfway through, "Hey I didn't write this in my perspective, it's Lizzie's perspective," I said defensively. Ivy waved her arms around and said "Yeah, yeah whatever. Come on slowpokes we have work to do" Ivy said grabbing Liv and Vero by the arms then yanking them to stand up.

Then it was just awkward silence with all four of us standing in the studio, "Why are we all standing?" I asked, Vero then looked towards Ivy and smacked her arm, "Why'd you make us stand up" Vero screamed before sitting back down and grabbing a pillow then laying down on the couch. Ivy started laughing before, taking the seat in front of the soundboard as she started doing her magic with the song.

"Vero you do your shit first" Ivy said, making Vero groan, "Do I really have to be first I mean, why can't E be first, they're the ones who made the damn song" Vero said very irritated. She isn't typically this cranky in the morning. I mean at least not this harsh, "Is everything ok V?" I asked her. She didn't look at me and she just proceeded to go into the booth, something was definitely wrong because she's avoiding answering the question.

Ivy, Liv, and I looked at each other and we all just shrugged, then we heard Vero's voice through the speakers, "Are we gonna do this shit, or are you guys just gonna stare at each other?" Vero said, Ivy then spoke through the mic, "You do realize you're gonna have to tell us after, you can't hold it in forever man" Ivy said. Vero just sighed out and nodded, "Let's just get this over with please" Vero said.

And we left that conversation at that, while Ivy and Vero handled the drums, Liv and I did the bass riffs for the song. Most of the time we would finish songs within a few hours but since we haven't pre-recorded some of our parts like what we did with the album, we're gonna start from the start. Meaning we might still adjust a few parts in the song itself just to satisfy each of our needs, music-wise.

Within an hour Vero had finished recording the base beat for the song, it's basically the beat we're gonna follow throughout the whole song, Vero would later overlay it with the extra flare she would usually do with her drums. So next up was Liv with the bass, then it would be me for the guitar, and then Ivy for the guitar solos. It was definitely gonna be a long day.