Chapter 25

(Friday, October 29, 2021)

Y/N's POV

"Eros I swear to god, if you don't fucking put it in I might as well just cut it off"

You're probably wondering where the fuck am I... Well for starters the one who said that wasn't who you think it was because it was Ivy getting mad at me for not putting in one of my adlibs in the song we've been working on since like 4 days ago. And by cutting it off she meant cutting off my whole background melody, "You wouldn't dare, that adlib was straight trash because I am sure as hell not howling" I said as Ivy started laughing. The song we were working on was called Animals and there's a part after the bridge that Ivy said that I should howl like a fucking wolf, and at first, we did it as a joke BUT NOW SHE WANTS TO KEEP IT IN THE SONG.

"Y/N I'm telling you it fits, come on" Ivy tried to persuade me but I still wasn't having it, "Fine, I'll do it but only if you tell me..." I tried to negotiate, "Ah shit here we go again, fine what do you want to know?" Ivy said, interrupting me. "I wanna know why Fifth Harmony broke up" I said smugly while smirking at her knowing full well she knows what happened, Ivy looked at me with wide eyes and a 'are you fucking kidding me bitch' face.

"You know what, maybe I'll just ask Vero to do it, getting through you is no use" Ivy said getting up from her seat, but I quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her down to stop her from doing so. "Oh come on I promise I won't tell anyone" I said while giving her my best puppy dog eyes, Ivy scoffed and said, "Stop with the fucking eyes you look ugly as shit" I looked at her with shock written all over my face. I then dramatically dropped her hands and said "Fucking rude" Ivy then laughed and adjusted her sitting position on one of the office chairs we had in the studio.

"Fine but do you promise to do the howl?" Ivy asked me as she sighed in defeat, "Fucking finally, I'll give you my best fucking howl Ives" I said while using one of her old nicknames. "Ok, Lauren said it all began in..."

---

It was 5 pm and we were finally done with one song and we had one more to go. We really wanted to finalize the album as soon as possible since in the next few months we'd be handling press/promo shit for the album. The one part I actually hate about my job, we won't announce the album till next year but the promo for the singles we're about to put out, that's what I'm stressing about. I woke up at like 6 in the morning today for no reason, my body really was playing games on me.

But right now we were Starting on our last and final song on our Retribution album, It was written by the one and only, Oliva Marie Jones, the song is called Do I wanna know. Liv made this cool guitar riff, and holy shit when you listen to it, It'll feel like you're the baddest bitch ever. It was a slow song but shit, you'd feel every string Liv, Ivy, and I were playing.

We were editing the arrangements of the instruments in the song so that we'd be handling the recording part of the voices, later on, we were slightly struggling since we were all tired and we just wanted to get this over with.

"Can you adjust the echo on Ivy's riff, the one just before the chorus" I said to Liv who was adjusting the parts that we had already recorded, I was singing the lyrics in my head so that I wouldn't get lost in the song. "Ok that's good then can you keep the echo throughout the chorus I want to test something" I added while Liv did as I said. I unplugged the headset as we let the naked song play in the background. As soon as the pre-chorus started, I sang along while listening to the changes I did.