Chapter 22

(Sunday, October 10, 2021)

Y/N's POV

Imma let you guess what today is... Imma give you a little hint, it involves the new house I just bought...

It's my Luna's birthday today!!! She's finally 8, and right now It was currently 7 am on a Sunday morning and I had just called the party organizer, which is Ivy and Vero. They volunteered to organize and plan the party because they wanted to help me. We started planning a few hours after they came and visited me at the hospital. I bought a couple of horses as well... THE HOUSE HAD A HORSE STABLE, It would've gone to waste if I didn't put horses in the stables.

But anyways Ivy, Vero, and I were talking about how much time they needed to actually prepare and tidy up the place.

I: I think we need a couple of hours, but I think we'll be done by 10 or 11 maybe...

V: It depends on what time the catering and the other stuff get here.

Y/N: Don't forget about the horses

I: FUCK! What time did they say they'll arrive?

I looked through my phone and saw the message that the person I bought the horses from sent,

Y/N: It says here they'll arrive at around 8 or 8:30

V: That perfect because the balloon people won't be here till 9

I: all right well I guess that solves our problem, remember E Distract the kid take her wherever and text us when you're on your way

Y/N: I know Ivy, and please don't go overboard with the decorations. She's 8 ok? nothing too big, please Vero?

V: No promises, that's our Godchild and we will spoil her if we want to.

I sighed knowing they probably went over the top just for Luna's birthday.

Y/N: Jesus christ, Well I'll leave the two of you to it, I have a birthday breakfast to prepare for my kid so Ciao!

I: Bye Lil E!

V: Bye E!

With that I ended the call and went into the kitchen, I've been recovering quite well, with the help of Lizzie of course. Luna finally got a hold of her clinginess, but she would still sleep in our bed. Lizzie has been amazing, I asked her to move in with us a few days ago because she basically lives here with the number of times she sleeps over. She said she'll think about it, but I lowkey think that was a yes. My two girls were still asleep upstairs, and I told Lizzie last night that I would be awake before she was. She wanted to help but I told her I got it, I didn't want the Lil gremlin to wake up alone in a big ass bed so I decided to just let Lizzie sleep in with the kid.

I decided on making chocolate chip waffles for everyone, with scrambled eggs, and a fruit cup just to balance out the sweets. I grabbed the waffle mix from the pantry and started making the birthday breakfast for the now 8 year old, Jesus I'm really getting old.

---

I had just gotten done with breakfast at around a little past 8, and there was a small batch of batter left, so I made Cooper a few small waffles of his own. After I finished plating everything I decided to go back upstairs to wake up the girls, now this feels right. Having Lizzie and Luna here, just like how we planned. When I got upstairs the door was still closed so I pressed my ears against the door and heard nothing, they're probably still asleep. I opened the door slowly, but Cooper kept nudging my leg because he wanted to go in. "I know buddy we have to be quiet ok? Chill" I whispered, I guess he understood me because he stopped the nudging and waited for me to open the door completely.