Chapter 61

(Hi?)

(Monday, February 28, 2022)

Elizabeth's POV.

It's been 3 days since what happened, and I guess it changed the whole dynamic of the family. Y/N has been distant, mainly because they were the one in charge of arranging Crystal's funeral. Mateo is basically back to his goofy self, but he still had his moments. Luna on the other hand was extremely confused about what happened, and I was the one who had to break the news to her. She understood right away why Y/N was the way she is the past few days, but I could feel that Luna just wanted her mother to be back to normal again.

Mama and Papa C, decided to stay at the house to help around as much as they could. The funeral was tomorrow so none of us really saw Y/N today, this is the only time I've seen her like this. Even Mama was worried about Y/N, she was barely eating but she does try to put up this happy front when she's around the kids. They try to play with them as much as possible, before going back to arranging the funeral. I just didn't know how to help her, she hadn't opened up yet and I didn't want to pressure her into it.

When I woke up and saw the text she sent me, I immediately woke Mama and Papa C up. The drive to the hospital was nerve wracking since I didn't know what to expect. Once we got there the state Y/N was in was horrific, the dark bags under her eyes, bloodshot eyes. It was like all forms of life were sucked out of her, her stoic expression gave me chills. I've never seen her that distraught.

When I finally managed to snap her out of it, she broke down and kept repeating the words 'I'm sorry'. It broke me to see the love of my life that broken and lost, it was heart shattering. I didn't know what to do, when Mama took Y/N into her arms. I was now holding a silent Mateo, The boy that once would wake me up with feather light kisses on my stomach. Was now gone. I could see it in his eyes that the fire that was once burning so bright was merely a small glow, he was just as stoic as Y/N was.

A woman that was once his whole entire world, just ripped away from him like that. Mateo got to say goodbye before we left the hospital, since they had to move Crystal's body to the morgue. Mateo said his small goodbye's as well as me, Mama, and Papa C. Y/N just waited outside for us, she didn't have it in her to step back into the room.

The ride home Y/N just held Mateo in her arms, staying silent as ever. As she sang a small tune to Mateo, it was a gloomy day... Y/N locked herself in the office that day, doing god knows what. But she did come out to eat when we asked her to, she slept in the same bed as me but I would be too asleep to notice and by the time I would wake up she'd be gone...

"Lizzie!" Someone said taking me out of my dazed state, I looked up and saw Mama looking at me worriedly. "W-what? I'm sorry I was just thinking about.. something." I said nervously, Mama let out a sigh before saying, "You should go talk to her, it's what she needs. I know you wouldn't want to intrude but the last time we did that things didn't really go the way we planned".

I took in a deep breath and stood up from my seat outside, "I'll try my best" I said before walking away and towards Y/N's office. As I got to the door I contemplated whether or not I should knock, "Come in" I heard Y/N say from inside. I opened the door and looked at her confused, "How'd yo-" I started but Y/N interrupted me, "I saw you shadow through the door darling" Y/N said with a chuckle.