Chapter 60

(Love me, don't hate me) (Also T.W⚠)(play the song above while you read the chapter)

(Friday, February 25, 2022, 8:36am)

Y/N's POV

Numb. I mean I can't really say I felt numb because I was just stoic the whole time. The past 15 hours has been a hurricane of emotions. It's quite funny how much can actually happen in the span of 15 hours. I was sitting on the floor outside of the hospital room cradling a now sleeping Mateo.

I rocked us side to side as I stared at the door across from us, ignoring anyone who passed us by. If I had just paid more attention then maybe this wouldn't have happened.

---

(February 24, 2022. Hour 1, the call.)

:This is Centinela Hospital, I'm Calling for Ms. Crystal Myers.

Y/N: Is she ok? Did something happen?

: You were listed as an emergency contact in Ms. Myers profile. She had suffered a stroke whilst she was at work, I would advise you to come to the hospital as soon as possible.

Y/N: Ok I- uh I'm on my way.

"Lizzie stay here with the kids, call Mami and tell her to come and help you out" I said as I scrambled to grab my things, "Wh- what happened? Where are you going?" Lizzie frantically asked. I stopped in my tracks and looked towards her before I went out of the door, I let out a sigh, "I'll tell you when I get there ok? Don't stress too much, it's not good for the babies" I said as I walked closer to her. "I love you and I'll update you on what's happening ok? Luna, look after your mother and brother and help her when you can ok?" I ordered my oldest before I went out the door and left.

The drive to the hospital was nerve racking, she had a stroke for god sake. I mean she's already sick as it is but what the fuck. The 20 minute drive felt like an eternity. I parked my car as fast as possible, not even caring if I double parked or not.

---

(Hour 2, seeing..)

I speed walked to the front desk and asked, "I'm here for Crystal Myers," I said to the lady at the front desk. "Your relations to Ms. Myers please?" The lady asked, "I'm uh- I'm not really sure what she put me as, but I'm the mother/father of her child I don't know?" I said frantically just wanting to know if Crystal was alright. "Name?" The lady asked without looking up, which made me scoff, "Listen lady I know you're just doing your job but I have to know whether or not the Mother of my son is still alive!" I said a tad bit harsher, making her look up at me.

"O-oh r-right, Sure Uh she's in room three-o-four, on the third floor" She said immediately, "Thank you" I said before speeding towards the elevator. As soon as I got to the 3rd floor I went to the nurses station to ask where room 304 was, "Where is room three-o-four?" I asked out of breath. "Just down the hall" One of the nurses said, as I went further down the hall. It somehow felt colder with each step I took.

As I got in front of the door I knocked, I waited for a reply but got nothing. As I went further into the room I saw Crystal on the hospital bed, "You're looking pretty good for a dead bitch" I jokingly said, making Crystal laugh before it turned into a cough.

I immediately went to her side and handed her the cup of water that was conveniently on the table beside the bed, "Easy now, you really scared me you little shit. Really had me thinking you were already dying" I said. Crystal smiled and said "It's gonna take a lot more than just a stroke to kill me Fuego '' I smiled at her and just looked at her face. She was as pale as paper, her eyes didn't hold that glimmer of joy anymore. She was drained and it was obvious she was on her deathbed...