Chapter 202: Let's Run, Fox (XVIII)

Mutu stood on the cliff edge as his mind blanked. He let the wind blow by him as he turned a deaf ear to his men's shouts when they rushed over.

他眼睁睁地看着狐狸跳下悬崖,就这样消失在他的视线中。为什么他不能更快一点?只要再快上几步,他就能救下他!

He had seen his fox fall down the cliff with his own eyes, disappearing from his sight just like that. Why couldn't he have been faster? If he had been faster by just a few steps, he could have saved him!

"族长......"一名兽人迟疑地走上前,不知该如何安慰。

"Chief..." A beastman hesitantly walked up, he didn't know how he should comfort him.

亚努出事,不仅穆图伤心,其他人也很难过。对于狮族而言,亚努早已不是当初那个可有可无的外族,而是他们的族人、战友、兄弟,也是多次为族人拼死战斗、为部落带来兴旺的英雄和引导者。

Yanu's accident not only made Mutu grieve, the rest also felt sad. For the lion tribe, Yanu was no longer that foreign nobody, but a member of their tribe, a comrade and brother. He had fought so many times for the tribe and was a hero that guided and brought prosperity to the tribe.

虽然不愿意这么想,但是以这座悬崖的高度,亚努恐怕很难活下来,即使侥幸存活,估计也会变成一名残废。

Although they were unwilling to think he was dead, with how tall this cliff was, it would be hard for Yanu to survive. Even if he was lucky to survive, he would likely be crippled.

看穆图的脸色,这名兽人不敢说话,只是将他手上的小狐狸接过来,转身示意其他同伴暂时不要打扰他。

Glancing at Mutu's face, the beastman no longer dare to speak. He merely took the kit from him and turned around to hint at the rest to not disturb him.

在兽人转身之际,穆图无意识地向前踏了一步,脚尖悬空,只要身体稍稍前倾,马上就会掉下去。

As he turned around, Mutu had unconsciously taken a step forward, leaving his foot hanging in air off the cliff. All he needed to do was tilt his body forward and he would fall.

"族长!"身后有人注意到穆图这个动作,忍不住惊骇地叫出声。

"Chief!" Someone noticed his movement and cried out appalled.

抱着小狐狸的兽人猛地回头,见穆图脚步虚浮,似乎随时准备往下跳,他吓得连忙毛发一炸,伸手打算抓住他。

The beastman holding the kit suddenly turned around to see Mutu's foot hanging over the cliff like he was about to jump down at any movement. His hair immediately stood on its end as he reached out to grab him.

正在这时,崖底突然传来一阵清脆的笛音,仿佛一道亮光,划破黑暗,瞬间让穆图原本冷寂的心又重新跳动起来。

At this critical moment, a sharp whistle came from below. It cut through the darkness like a like and brought life back to Mutu's cold heart.

那是他送给狐狸的骨笛!

It was the bone flute he had given to his fox!

他的狐狸还没死!

His fox was still alive!

穆图一个激动,脚下一空,整个人往悬崖外摔去。

Mutu was excited and moved forward, causing him to fall.