Chapter 273: This Life-The Beginning (XIV)

The Wei family's affairs were not going well recently, as if there was an invisible big hand manipulating them in the dark. Ever since Old Wei suffered a stroke, officials of the Wei family were suppressed or transferred in succession. It was not obvious at first. After all, they had all kinds of complicated relationships and it was normal for one or two of their footholds to be unstable. However, with the change in leadership, actions targeting the Wei family become even more frequent, practically touching the core of the Wei family's wealth and power.

经过多方调查, 尉家的几位政敌似乎都参与其中。直到新一届军委主席上任,尉家在竞逐中落败, 矛盾终于被激发,各方势力开始明争暗斗。不过,尉勋的事业并没有受到什么影响,反而因为智能的研发备受瞩目,给尉家带来了正面的舆论导向。但是, 尚可的存在对尉兴业以及大部分尉家人而言,依然是如鲠在噎。

After many investigations, it appeared as if the Wei family's political opponents were involved. Until the new chairman of the Military Commission took office, the Wei family was defeated in the competition. Conflicting views were set off, and the various forces began to fight openly and secretly. However, Wei Xun's career has not been affected in any way. Because the research and development of intelligence attracted much attention, positive public opinion was brought to the Wei family. However, to Wei Xingye and the majority of the Wei family, Shang Ke's existence was still like a piece of fish bone choking them.

"看好你手上的文件。"尚可某天突然收到这样一条匿名短信。

"Keep an eye on the documents you have." Shang Ke suddenly received this anonymous text message one day.

所谓的"文件"自然就是尚可当初用来威胁尉兴业的材料。尉兴业一直没忘记这枚定时炸弹,虽有心拔除, 却被尉勋死死拦着。尚可掌握的技术, 确实对尉家很有利,但他和尉勋的关系,又会给尉家带来极大的负面影响。如果让尉兴业选择,他宁愿毁掉这种技术,也不希望一段见不得光的关系成为尉家的污点

The so-called "documents" are naturally the materials that Shang Ke originally used to threaten Wei Xingye. Wei Xingye has never forgotten this time bomb. Although he intended to remove it, Wei Xun unwaveringly obstructed him. The technology that Shang Ke controlled was indeed very advantageous to the Wei family, but his relationship with Wei Xun will also bring an extremely negative impact on the Wei family. If Wei Xingye could choose, he would rather destroy this kind of technology and hope that the sordid relationship won't become a stain on the Wei family.

尉勋的母亲宋觅珍隔三差五就催尉勋结婚,而且经常将王沁雅带在身边,以尉家准媳妇的身份。王沁雅也不是一个省油的灯,私底下有意无意地抹黑尚可,将他说成故意勾引尉勋的gay。而尉勋之所以和他交往密切,主要是看中他在智能方面的能力,尚可完全是单方面的倒贴。

Wei Xun's mother Song Mizhen urged Wei Xun to get married every few days. Furthermore, she often brought Wang Qinya along by her side with the status of the daughter-in-law-to-be of the Wei family. Wang Qinya wasn't easy to deal with either, she intentionally smeared Shang Ke's name in private, explaining him as a gay who deliberately seduced Wei Xun. The reason why Wei Xun had a close relationship with him was mainly because he liked his intellectual abilities in the field, and Shang Ke was completely and one-sidedly sticking to him.

对于这种说法,大部分人都是相信的。因为尉勋从小到大都没有和哪个同性暧昧过,尚可却不同,十几岁父母双亡,一直寄居在戚家。戚辰可是有名的花花公子,若不是跟尚可有一腿,以他的性格,又怎么会那么好心资助一个非亲非故的孤儿?