Chapter 249: Back To That Key Moment ⑨

After a few days of observation, Shang Ke finally confirmed one thing. The way of life and education of the mixed-blood elves was completely unsuitable for the little elves. The mixed-blood elves led by Mattie did not treat the little elves poorly in terms of clothing, food, housing and transportation. On the contrary, the things they prepared for the little elves were all very fine. However, they did not know what the little elves truly needed.

这一点,尚可倒是可以理解。在自然神木和生命之泉消失后,精灵们便遭到了器鬼族的追杀。当时各族还没有建立联盟,精灵们孤立无援,被赶尽杀绝,只剩下少数一部分侥幸存活,逃入了其他种族的领地。为了延续血脉,他们不得不和外族通婚,从而诞生了混血精灵。

This is something that Shang Ke can understand. After the disappearance of Teldrassil and the Spring of Life, the elves were hunted by the specters. At that time, the races had not yet established an alliance. The elves were isolated and driven to extinction, and only a few survived and escaped into the territories of other races. In order to continue the bloodline, they had no choice but to intermarry with other races, thus giving birth to mixed-blood elves.

混血精灵从小接受外族的教育,在复杂的尘世中长大,逐渐偏离了自然之心,发展到如今,混血精灵除了拥有精灵血统之外,其他无论是生活习惯还是思维模式,都与纯血精灵有了很大的差异。

Mixed-blood elves grew up with a foreign education and grew up in a complicated world, gradually deviating from the heart of nature. Developing to the present day, other than having elven blood, the mixed-blood elves' living habits or thinking patterns are very different from the pure-blood elves.

人族是这片大陆数量最多的种族,在人族中长大的混血精灵也是最多的。人族关系复杂,利益倾轧,每个人从小都必须经过系统的学习和制度的约束,从而建立正确的人生观和世界观。不同的观念、阅历、身份和立场等等,可以衍生出各种不同的心性,然后再形成更加复杂的善恶是非和利益关系。

The human race is the most numerous race in this continent, and the mixed-blood elves who grew up in the human race are also the most numerous. Human relations are complex and full of personal interests, and everyone must go through systematic learning and constraints from institutions from a young age so as to establish a correct outlook on life and the world. Different perceptions, experiences, identities and positions, etc., can give rise to a variety of different mentalities, which then form more complex relationships between good and evil and interests.

但纯血精灵不同,他们崇尚自然,思想单纯。大自然就是他们最好的导师,他们生于自然,长于自然,对金钱和权利毫无兴趣。马蒂他们按照自己的方式,用荤食喂养他们,用华服包装他们,用规矩约束他们,无疑是对他们美好天性的抹杀。

But pure-blooded elves are different, they respect nature and are simple-minded. Nature is their best mentor. They are born and raised in nature, and have no interest in money and power. Mattie and the others followed their own way, feeding them with meat, wrapping them in fancy clothes, and restraining them with rules, which was undoubtedly an obliteration of their good nature.

最让尚可无法容忍的是,有一部分人对残疾的小精灵总是带着异样的眼光。虽然嘴上不说,但在表情和行为上,却无可避免地会流露出一些真实情绪,或轻蔑,或傲慢,或迁怒,或不耐烦......孩子都是敏感的,在日积月累的压抑和排斥下,难免会生出自卑和怯懦。

The most intolerable thing for Shang Ke is that there are some people who always look at the disabled elves with strange looks. Although they didn't say it out, their expression and behavior would inevitably reveal some real emotions, be it contempt, arrogance, anger, or impatience... Children are sensitive, and as the depression and rejections accumulated, they will inevitably develop inferiority and cowardice.