Chapter 243: Back To That Key Moment ⑧

Leo quickly checked the situation of people around him. After determining that they weren't under immediate danger, he immediately rang the alarm. While waiting for the rescue team, Leo began to recall everything that had just happened.

精神情景模拟,要求进入空明状态,构建属于自己的精神领域,尽可能屏蔽来自外界的干扰,所以里奥并没有立刻发现异常。直至大脑传来危险讯号,才察觉不对,整个过程不过几十秒时间,根本来不及做出反应。

Spiritual scene simulation requires entering a state of emptiness and building one's own spiritual domain. One had to shield outside interference as much as possible, so Leo didn't immediately notice the abnormality. It was only when his brain sent a danger signal that he noticed something was wrong. The whole process only took a few dozen seconds and there was no time for him to react at all.

眼前的情景,里奥觉得有些似曾相识。思索片刻,忽然脑中灵光一闪,一段模糊的记忆逐渐浮现。重生前,他所在的小学确实遭遇过恐怖袭击,当时他和其他孩子一起陷入了昏迷,直到几天后才被治愈。那次袭击,造成了三个孩子的死亡,还有十五个孩子永远失去了进化的机会。

Leo felt some déjà vu seeing the scene in front of him. He thought for a moment and a thought suddenly flashed in his mind. A vague memory gradually emerged. Before his rebirth, his elementary school did face a terrorist attack. Back then, he fell into a coma along with the other children and was cured a few days later. That attack resulted in the death of three children and fifteen children lost their chance to evolve.

那时年纪太小,里奥对这件事的印象,还是来自之后的新闻报道。如今历史再次重演,他事先毫无警觉。唯一不同的是,他这次没有中招。

Leo was too young that time, and his memory of the incident came from the news reports that followed. Now history was repeating itself again, and he was not aware of it beforehand. The only difference was that he was not affected this time.

同样的时间,同样的地点,同样的训练科目,为什么他这次能够躲过一劫?

The same time, the same place, the same training subjects, why was he able to avoid it this time?

里奥心念一动,低头看向挂在脖子上的玉佩。若说变数的话,只有这块由他母父亲手雕刻的、原本不该存在的玉佩。

A thought came to Leo's mind and he looked down at the jade pendant hanging around his neck. If we talk about variables, it was only this piece of jade pendant carved by his mother. It originally should not exist.

正想着,走廊尽头传来一阵纷乱的脚步声,救援人员赶到了。

Just as he was thinking about it, there was a flurry of footsteps at the end of the hallway and rescue workers arrived.

里奥在他们冲进训练室之前,提醒道:"应该是精神毒气攻击,你们最好戴上防毒面具,不要使用精神扫描。"

Leo warned them before they rushed into the training room, "It should be a spiritual poision gas attack, you'd better put on your gas masks and not use the spiritual scans."

话音刚落,就见几名救援人员突然栽倒在地,人事不知。他们是负责警戒的哨兵,行动之前都会对周围的环境进行探测,结果精神力被还未消散的毒气所侵蚀,瞬间陷入晕迷。

As soon as the words left his mouth, he saw several rescuers suddenly fall to the ground unconscious. They were the sentinels in charge of the scouting, and they would scan the surroundings before they acted. As a result, their spiritual power was eroded by the still dissipating poison gas, and they instantly fell unconscious.