Chapter 205: Death Cycle (III)

Shang Ke was alone in the field, tormented for more than 10 hours. When his body grew back again, it was already 3 or 4 in the morning the next day, the darkest period of a day. The surrounding was quiet and only the sound of the wind could be heard.

尚可疲惫地从地上爬起来,全身皮肤光滑细腻,没有留下一点疤痕,仿佛之前被分尸的情景只是一场可怕的恶梦。

Shang Ke got up from the ground exhaustedly. His skin was smooth and delicate, not a single scar was left behind. It was as if the scene of him being torn apart was just a terrible nightmare.

黑夜是丧尸的世界,尚可没有多少时间感伤。他翻出被扔到一旁的背包,从里面取出几件还算完好的衣服换上。看着背包上那个破洞,尚可脑中又不自觉浮现出心脏被捏碎的那一幕。

The night was the zombies' world. Shang Ke didn't have the time to feel sentimental. He looked through the backpack that was thrown one side and took out a few intact clothes to change into. When Shang Ke saw the hole in the backpack, he subconsciously thought of the scene when his heart was crushed.

系统让他在【杀死丧尸王】和【被"主角"杀死】两个任务中二选一。在没有见到丧尸王之前,尚可倾向于选择前者。但见过之后,他觉得这个任务根本不可能完成。

For his mission, the system had let him choose between【Kill the zombie king】and【Be killed by the "protagonist"】. Before he met the zombie king, Shang Ke leaned towards choosing the former. But after seeing him, Shang Ke felt that this mission was simply impossible to complete.

丧尸王给他一种无法战胜的感觉,出手时,无声无息,甚至连异能都没有使用,就轻而易举地将他杀死了。

The zombie king seemed invincible to Shang Ke. When he striked, he had done so without a sound. He didn't even use any abilities and was easily able to kill Shang Ke.

还是太弱了啊。

He was too weak.

尚可暗暗叹息一声,提着破烂的背包,快步隐入黑暗中,寻找一个安全的落脚点,等待天明。

Shang Ke let out a sigh. Carrying his tattered backpack, he walked quickly in the darkness to find a safe foothold and wait for the sky to brighten.

长发被凝固的鲜血粘成干硬的条状物,尚可趁休息的空档,用剪刀把它剪成短发,顿时感觉清爽许多。

Shang Ke's long hair was glued into dry hard strips by his solidified blood. While resting, he took the chance to cut his hair short using scissors and immediately felt more refreshed.

天亮后,尚可按照既定计划,继续朝主基地前进。

When the sky brightened, Shang Ke continued moving towards the main base as planned.

接下来几天的路程出奇的顺利,即使遇上丧尸,也没有受到攻击。开始尚可还会神经紧绷,严阵以待,后来经过几次测试,终于确定丧尸在一般情况下基本对他熟视无睹。只有闻到他身上鲜血的味道时,才会精神亢奋,穷追不舍。所以,只要保障不流血,他几乎可以在丧尸群中自由穿行。

His journey for the next few days was surprisingly smooth. He wasn't attacked even when he encountered zombies. Shang Ke felt nervous at first and kept himself combat ready. After some testing, he finally confirmed that the zombies basically ignored him under normal circumstances. They got excited and chased nonstop after him only when they smelled his blood. Hence, he could travel freely amongst the zombies as long as he made sure he didn't bleed.