A Mr. and Mrs. Curtis Memory

Gangs age
Darry- 12
Soda- 8
Ponyboy- 6
Johnny- 8
Dallas- 9
Twobit- 10
Steve- 9
~~~~~~~~~~~~
As the blue truck parked in the middle of the plain fields of the country side, All of the kids ran out of the car; Darry led the way as he held a football, they all started to pick teams.

As they did Mr. Curtis helped Mrs. Curtis grab the picnic basket and blanket.

They smiled at eachother as they walked under a nice big old willow tree placing all of their things down.

"Hey, Dad the teams are uneven can you join along?" Darry asked

Mr. Curtis looked at his wife

"Go, I got it from here." She smiled.

"Yeah sure, so who's the lucky team?" Mr. Curtis asked as he walked up to them.

"Your on our team since Twobit chose Darry before we could." Soda said

They all got into formation and started the game; Mrs. Curtis cheered both teams on as she made sandwiches.

The game was Soda, Ponyboy, Johnny and Mr. Curtis against Darry, Twobit, Steve and Dallas.

Mr.Curtis kept giving his team each point but also once I a while letting Darrys team get one so no one would feel upset.

As they continued to play Ponyboy fell down scrapping his knee bad.

Mr. Curtis ran up to him and helped little Ponyboy up,

"You alright Pony?" He asked

"Yeah, I wanna go sit with Mommy, I don't wanna play anymore." Ponyboy said as he held back his tears.

Ponyboy then walked to his Mom sitting besides her as he tried to act tough.

"Ponyboy, Are you alright." She asked

"Yeah, I'm fine it didn't hurt, I swear." His lips quivered

Mrs. Curtis looked at him with her soft bonnie blue eyes knowing how he felt, she hugged him which caused Ponyboy to bawl into tears.

"There, there now." She said softly. "No need to hide your tears."

She then started to tickle Ponyboy making him laugh which made Pony feel much better.

"You wanna help me make sandwiches for everyone?" She asked.

"Sure." Ponyboy smiled

"Can I help too?" Johnny said walking up to them.

"Well of course Johnny." Mrs. Curtis smiled

Johnny sat besides Mrs.Curtis and all three of them made Sandwiches as they talked and sang some of Mrs. Curtis favorite songs.

Soon Mr Curtis and the rest of the boys came to eat.

All of the boys ate fast as they can and talked making jokes. Mr and Mrs Curtis watched the kids talk and Laugh as they ate nice and slowly.

Soon it was getting dark which meant it was time to leave, as they drove back home all of the boys fell asleep.

Ponyboy's head was on Johnny's shoulder and Johnny laid of Dally's-Darry laid his head against the window as Soda layed his head of Darry's shoulder and Twobit was drooling on Steve's shoulder.

"There alseep." Mrs.Curtis whispered

"They did have a good time today." Mr Curtis softly laughed

"I love you." Mrs. Curtis said
looking at Mr. Curtis with loving eyes.

"I love you too and I'm glad to say your my wife."