How Steve and Soda met.

*So, Soda and Steve are both five years old since in the book they knew eachother since Gradeschool*

It was reccsse and a whole bunch of kids were running around with their firends.
Since Soda had no firends at all he was sitting all alone at the swings watching the kids play.

"Hey, Get out of the swings loser, we wanna go on them." A soc kid said with his group of soc friends

"I'm sorry but, I was here first." Soda said politely

"Who cares its ours now!" The kid then pushed Soda off the swing causing Soda to hit the ground hard.

Tears were streaming down his face but he quickly wiped them away.

"Oh you gonna cry little baby?" The soc said kicking woodchips at Sodas face.

"Leave me alone." Soda cried

"Hey! Leave him alone!" A voice yelled.

Soda looked up to see it was a kid from his class, Steve Randle.

"Or what?" The soc hissed.

"Or I'll fight ya!" Steve said fearlessly.

"Then do it, fight me" The Soc pushed Steve.

Steve then swung at the soc hard causing the soc to fall to the floor.

The soc kids firends looked at Steve in disbelief and ran off not wanting to be hurt by him.
Soda was on the floor silently crying, Steve put a hand out, Soda looked up to see Steve.

"You alright?" Steve asked as he hauled Soda up to his feet.

"Yeah, Why did you help me?" Soad sniffed

"I couldn't stand watching those idiots push you around."

"Well, thanks anyways, I'm Sodapop Curtis."

"The Names Steve Randel." Steve smiled.

"Wanna join me on the swings?" Soda asked

"Sure!"

They both sat next to eachother on the swings and seen who could swing the highest.

After that day Soda and Steve were the best of friends.