A Mr.And Mrs.Curtus Memory (We gotta Help Johnny)

*Everyone in the gang are the ages they are in the book. so basically this is how I think they figured who was abusing Johnny*

Everyone was hanging out in the Curtis house.

Twobit, Steve and Soda were playing go fish with a deck of cards, Darry was talking to Dally and Ponyboy was reading 'To Kill A Mockingbird'

As Mr and Mrs Curtis sat out on the porch talking to eachother.
Even though everything felt normal...Something was missing.

"Hey, guys where's Johnny?" Ponyboy asked suddenly

"I don't know, he's usually here by now." Soda said looking at the clock.

"Don't worry he'll be here any minute." Steve said.

Ponyboy looked out in the window to see Johnny running to the house.

"Oh God." Ponyboy gasped.

Mr and Mrs.Curtis got up worried as Johnny cried, Mr and Mrs.Curtis took Johnny in the house and Everyone gave room so Johnny can sit down.

Poor Johnny was beaten up bad, He had a bloodynose, a black eye and bruises all over him.
Mrs Curtis and Mr. Curtis found it unbelievable to see something like this happening to poor Johnny.

"Oh, Honey who did this to you?" Mrs.Curtis sat besides Johnny and hugged him.

"I-I can't tell you." He cried
"Why not?"

"I just can't." He cried on Mrs.Curtis shoulder. Mrs.Curtis looked at her husband

"Honey,Can you get me a wet rag so I could clean him up?"

Mr.Curtis nodded and grabbed a wet rag. Mrs.Curtis cleaned the blood and looked at Johnny concerned.

"Johnnycake, I know you don't want to tell us who did this to you but, we need to know so we can help you." She said softly.

"We just want to help." Mr. Curtis kneeled down looking at Johnny.

Johnny looked hesitant and gave a quivering sigh

"My- My Parents did this to me." He started to sob more.

Both of them were shocked so was the gang.

"Why didn't you tell us before?" Ponyboy asked

"I was scared, If my parents would figure that I told you guys, if they'd beat me more."

"I'm gonna kill those son of a-" Dally was interrupted by Mrs.Curtis

"Dally."

"Sorry, Mrs.Curtis."

"It's alright."

"Honey, can we talk for a minute." Mr.Curtis said.
They both walked into the kitchen as the rest of the gang comforted Johnny.

"We gotta do something." Mr.Curtis sighed.

"We do...but what?"

"I'm not sure."
They both stood silent for a moment.

"I mean...We can adopt Johnny, take care of Johnny."Mrs.Curtis said

"Alright,I'll get the papers Tomorrow."

"Alright...I hope we can do this without having a hard time."

"Me too."

They walked back into the living and sat down beside Johnny, they both agreed to not tell the gang, to make it into a surprise.