Get Ready To Rumble

As you and the gang lounged around getting ready for the bug night, Everyone was insisting you wouldn't come along.

"So what a girls gonna be in an all male rumble it ain't that big of a deal." You scoffed

"Don't be so high and mighty  Y/N, You don't know how dangerous it can be." Steve said

"Yeah sometimes people bring chains, switchblades and even heaters in a rumble." Dallas said

"What we mean Y/N is that, A rumor for a girl your age...Ain't such a good idea." Soda patted you on the back

"I don't care what you say I'm ready to rumble!" You yelled excitedly.

"Fine We'll let ya come along with is, but if your in any trouble, just holler." Darry said.

"Well, Let's get this show on the road!" Twobit yelled as you all ran out of the house.

You all did backflips and cartwheels, yelling on the streets of the east side of town.

As all of the greasers gathered on one side the socs gathered on the other.

You were filled with excitement and anticipation, when was the first punch gonna be thrown?

"Who invited the girl?" Paul the soc said

"We did." Darry cooly

"Well, get ready to get your asses whooped, since you guys set yourselves up to lose"

You took that as a challenge and punched the nearest socs you saw making the rumble begin.

You threw punches hard as three socs tried taking you on.

Dallas, Johnny and Ponyboy helped you when the socs had you pinned to the ground.

There were times when you fell but there were times you made a pretty good fight.

You helped out when something in your gang needed some, everyone was surprised on how good you could fight.

As the socs ran away everyone cheered, you were drained so you just fell to the floor looking up at the sky, hoping someone would just carry you the whole way home. The gang all looked down at you with a smile

"You sure did put up a good fight Y/N." Dallas smirked

"Yeah you sure did scare the socs." Steve laughed

"You sure proved us wrong." Darry said

"Well, I told you I could put up a good fight...Now, Can someone carry me home, my legs gave out and I think if I get up I'll pass out." You said out of breath.

The smiled and Darry carried you all the way back to the Curtis house.