Ponyboy X Reader (Burnout)

I bit on my pencil hardly as I looked at my homework that I needed to have done by tomorrow, I haven't quiet figured it out yet, Books and Papers stacked on my desk making me feel more overwhelmed.

"Hey Y/N, Whatcha doing?" Ponyboy asked as he kissed my forhead. "School work" I responded  "Why don't we hang out together, you've been in this room for days, you're gonna be drained." He sat on my bed "Well Ponyboy, I would but I have other things to do, After I get done with math I need to do, French, then language arts, then history, then do four sheets of extra credit then I need to study for the big test we have in Spanish class." I explained, gesturing to all of the piles of papers.
"Y/N...Your pressuring yourself." "I'm alright Ponyboy, really...I promise you I'll go out with you tomorrow."
"Alright." He sighed, he kissed me on the cheek before he left my room.

I felt bad that I haven't been out with Ponyboy for weeks, but I needed to get work done, I'm not working hard enough, I need to work harder or I'm lazy.

~~~~~~~~~The Next Day~~~~~~~~~

Ponyboys Pov:

After school I waited for Y/N at her locker, I was getting more worried about her, she's been working harder than a college student, I haven't seen her out of her house the only place she goes is school then back to her house, nothing else, which isn't like her at all.

Y/N soon came by, she looked awful, Bags under her eyes, he pupils dilated. Must've pulled an all nighter. "Hey Y/N." I smiled "Hey Ponyboy." She yawned "Are you alright?"
"Yeah, why?" "You look beat."
"I'm alright." She lied
"Are you sure?" "Yeah I'm fine." She closed her locker and stormed off.

I wanted to go after her but, I knew if I did it'll just make things worse, so I went back home. "Ponyboy Suppers ready." Soda called. I got up from my bed and went to the dining room sitting in my usual spot.

I barely touched my food, I was to worried about Y/N, She's stressing herself out and I just don't know what to do.
"Ponyboy, what's the matter? Your barely eating." Soda said
"Its just...Y/N." I sighed
"What happened?" "Well, She's been stressing herself out about school, Studying all night, working on all of her homework in one shot with no break, Making herself pull out all nighters...Today I told her she's making herself sick but, she just stormed off, I just don't know what to do."

"Talk to her." Darry said
"I've tried." "What I mean is...your feelings towards what she's doing to herself, how it's affecting you."
"But don't make her feel bad about it." Soda added
"What if that doesn't work?"
"Ask her why she's stressing herself out...There's always a reason why a person pushes themselves to the edge." Darry stated. I nodded "I'll talk to her now, thanks guys." I got up and headed my way to her place.

I walked into her house hearing silent sobs, I slowly opened the door of Y/N's room, She was crying over her homework.
I walked up to her and hugged her tightly, she hugged me back. "What's the matter?" I asked softly "I can't get past this. I'm gonna fail the whole school year! I can't anymore." She cried "Don't say that, Your a smart person Y/N, you'll get through this." I said

She pulled away from my hug wiping her tears. "Sorry." She apologized "No, don't be, you just...broke down that's all."
"But why?" "You've been stressing yourself out Y/N, studying all night, You need some rest." I said
"But, I have to study, I don't wanna fail." "You will if you keep tiring yourself out."
She sighed and looked into my eyes, She was saddened with a bit of guilt. "Sorry for storming out on you."
"That doesn't matter, Right now it matter that you get some rest." I got up and grabbed her by the hand sitting her down on her bed. 

She lied down and covered herself with some blankets, I lied down besides her.
"Well, Can we at least study later?" She asked "Sure, But this time we do it the simple way." I gave her a soft smile.
She layed her head on my chest and closed her eyes, I watched as her breathing settled and she was fully at rest.

Thank you ponyssunset for the request.
Stay Gold 🐴 🌅 💛