The Loss Of A Brother (Really brings out tears)

Warning: This is about The Reactions to Darry, Ponyboy, Steve and Twobit when they had realized Soda had died in Vietnam...Soooo...I'm just gonna say sorry if you cry.

The house was dead silent. Not a single peep came from anyone, the only sound was the ticking from a clock.

The days were slowly dragging ever since Soda went to Vietnam, He had been drafted months ago, Things seemed depressing, with the endless days of worry and fear if the middle Curtis was safe.

Ponyboy sat on the couch reading as usual, Darry was in the kitchen cooking dinner, Steve had been out around the streets.

After Soda left Steve never appeared in the Curtis house unless he needed something from them, Steve also had been addicted to alcohol.

He felt lost after his Best Friend had left off to war he believes there was no point on anything.

Twobit in the other hand didn't seem to be his usually self and still checked up on the Curtis Brothers every day, he was drinking beer in the front porch looking out onto the distance, with only one thought...When will this chaos end?

Steve came stumbling into the porch

"Hey Steve...What are you doing here?" Twobit asked

"I came for more beer." Steve sighed as he walked into the house.

Twobit was still on the porch, silent.

He then saw something concerning, Something he wished he never seen.

It was a vehicle that seemed to belong to the army, followed by hearse.

'Please Turn, Please Turn, don't let it be who I think it is.' Twobit thought.

The cars had pulled over right infront of The Curtis house. Twobit immediately walked in the house tears already forming in his eyes

"DARRY!" He cried out Darry hurried in the living room concerned

"What happened?"

"The- the Military....Th- their here!" He fell to the floor sobbing.

Ponyboy looked out the window in disbelief as two strong looking men walked up the porch holding a well folded American flag.

'No...Please God No...Not Soda.' Ponyboy stormed off into his room not wanting to hear the news.

Darry opened the door, trying to keep calm, Steve was behind him denying what they were about to tell them.

"Are you Darrel Curtis?" The strong man asked

"Yes, Sir I am ." Darry put his shaking hands in his pockets.

The man's face turned into pity and sympathy, he took off his hat looking down at the badges from previous wars he had done.

"Look, I'm sorry to tell you this but...Your brother...He passed." Darrys heart Shattered right then, His very own brother, gone.

Steve went wild, nearly falling to the floor, he ran out of the house out of anger and frustration. Twobit was on the floor sobbing harder.

As For Ponyboy, He Peeked from his bedroom door, in denial that his closest brother was gone. He fought back hard and strong holding in his sobs. He needed to stay tough. For that is what he believed.

"How did he...Die?" Darry managed to choke out

"Got shot Multiple times, one in the leg, Multiple on the chest. He managed to survive for about a whole day- But the very next he was gone... Told us to give this to You." The man grabbed out a envelope.