Tears Of Music (Sodapop)

Before you start, Imagine that your Sodapops Girlfriend, You guys had been together for six happy years, but sadly you died from breast cancer at the age of seventeen, it slowly tears Soda apart, This is the story of him trying to move on. P.S The song above is gonna be a big part of the imagine.

Thank You HeiraelleO12 for this request. Stay Gold 🐴 🌅 💛
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sodapops Pov:

I sat on the edge of my bed staring at a picture of my beloved sweetheart Y/N, She had died just two weeks ago from Breast Cancer, Now she's gone forever, I'm never gonna see her again. Today's her funeral, I'm not ready to say goodbye.
I don't think I'll ever will be, but I have to go, I love her. I always will.

"Soda, You ready?" Ponyboy broke into my thoughts, I wiped my tears away and looked up at him,"Yeah." I got up and placed the picture nicely on the nightstand before I followed him out of the room. The moment I stepped in the living room everyone look at me saddened.
"You ready?" Darry asked as he put his dress shoes on "Yeah." I sighed.

The whole car ride I tried to stay strong, no matter how much the tears in my eyes threatened to spill. The moment I had spotted the open coffin my heart sunk 'This is really Happening' I thought.
We sat down in the front as her family and firends all came along.

When everyone came it was time for our eulogies, First it was her parents, then her firends and lastly me. I didn't have a peice of paper with me, My words if love about her were always in my mind, I didn't need to write it down, For I had it all in my heart.

"Y/N and I have been together for six amazing long years, I loved every second I had with her, Her smile was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, everything about her was beautiful, she was perfect inside and out. And now standing here-" A knot in my throat started to form.
"Seeing, her for the very last time...I know I'm gonna miss her. Things ain't gonna be the same, The world ain't never gonna be the same. We lost the most precious girl, now the only thing that lives on with us is the memories we had with her. If only- If only, cancer was curable, If I could take in her place, I would. In a heartbeat. Y/N...I love you." A tear streamed down my face.
I steped down and sat back besides Ponyboy, He hugged me by the side as I wiped my tears away.

It was now time to say our final goodbyes to Y/N.
I slowly walked towards the coffin, my heart beating out of my chest, A knot in my throat, tears slowly coming to my eyes as I looked down at her body.
Her face was pale, her eyes closed. Memories of when we were happy came along.

Suddenly I remembered when we figured she had breast cancer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a hot summer day, I was working at the DX station as usual, Y/N came by.
"Hey Soda!" She kissed my cheek
"Hey Sweetheart, How are things, have you eaten?" I asked "Not yet." She sighed "I was wondering when I go for lunch we can eat at the Dingo together." I said "Oh, I'd love to!"

Soon we started walking our way to the dingo, things were going on well, Suddenly she stopped in her tracks and gasped placing her hand over her chest. "Honey, what's the matter?" I asked concerned
"M-My Chest...It, Hurts" She cried "Shhh, Calm down Everything's gonna be alright, Just breathe." I said softly
She suddenly fainted, I caught her before she could hit the floor. I was in immediate panic, I went to the hospital as fast as I could.
"Help! My Girlfriend! There's something wrong with her!" I yelled as I burst into the emergency room. A nurse brought a stretcher and took her into a room. I sat in the waiting room out of breath.

I decided to call Steve and let him know I won't be at work to fix the shift and tell Darry I won't be able to be home any time soon.

I then called her parents, they both came minutes after I called.

We were now sitting there waiting for the news. The doctor soon came in.
"Family of Y/N L/N." He called, Me and Y/N's parents stood up.
"Follow me." He led us to Y/N's room.

She looked so weak. But why? I held her hand tightly, she gave me a weak smile.
"I love you." She whispered "I do to." I looked up at the doctor "What's the matter with her doc?" I asked.

"We did some X-rays and scans, we had found some cancerous lumps on both of her breasts." He brought up the X-rays, Two golf ball circles on each side.
My heart sunk. "I'm afraid to tell you Y/N but, you have Breast Cancer." Tears formed in my eyes, Y/N looked broken, in fear, disbelief. "NO!" Her mother cried into her husband's shoulder.

I wanted to cry, my love is dying. But, I couldn't, I have to be strong. For Y/N.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Months passed, treatments were done, I was there every step of the way, helping Y/N as much as I could. Night and Day I stood with her, I'd miss shifts at work, I'd never sleep until she did. No matter how much it hurt seeing Y/N suffer like that, I stood with her. I loved her. I always will. I looked deep into her soft lips, they will never make contact with mine...The last time I had kissed Y/N was moments before she had died.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N was now hospitalized for good, her hair, all gone, her bright eyes were sunken, she was thin, she looked weak and hepless and she was. But no matter how she looked I still love her.

I sat besides Y/N, holding her small thin hands tightly, She looked out to the window staring out the window, looking at the stars. Her breath we slowly in wheezes. "Soda..." She whimpered "Yeah Honey?" I asked, her head slowly turned towards me as a tear slipped down to her cheek "I'm scared." She silently cried. Those words punched me hard into my stomach. "I know you are...I am too." I whispered in a  soothing voice. "I love you." She gave a sad smile "I love you too." I leaned touching her soft lips. She kissed back, I suddenly felt the grip in her hands loosen, Her head slowly fell back, I heard her last breath...The heart monitor gave a loud beep. I looked into her eyes, The life, the emotion fading away, no longer to be see again.

I broke down sobbing as I stormed out of the room
"SOMEONE GET A DOCTOR!" I Yelled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will never see those bright eyes shine, never hear her soft laughes, Never hear her soothing voice, Never see her bright smile...She's gone, Forever.

When the funeral was over I was stuck in a never ending daze.
When someone talked to me I wouldn't respond. I just stood locked in my old room, not bothering to sleep with Ponyboy.

Weeks passed, I wouldn't eat, I wouldn't go to work, I wouldn't leave my room. As I stood in my room silently listening to the radio a song that had caught my attention started playing.
It was the song Y/N would always sing. Tears formed into my eyes as I listened to the song. Every lyric reminded me of her. Her laugh echoed in my head, It sounded so real. It felt as if I was holding onto her in my arms in forever warmth, Love and comfort.

I looked up at the stars remembering the nights when we stood up till dark, looking up at the stars. I miss those times, I miss her presence, I miss Y/N. I wanted to marry that woman, I wanted to grow old together with that woman.
"I love you Y/N." I whispered to myself hoping wherever she is...She's listening to me.

Thank you HeiraelleO12greys for this request once again! I enjoy your requests!
Stay Gold 🐴 🌅 💛