Chapter ✧ 2

A week later

The taxi takes me to the Onyx Lycan Nightclub on the stroke of midnight. Every part of me is ready.

I'm wearing high heels and a coat; and nothing underneath.

What had happened last month had really messed up my whole life. I vowed to never drink again. To never endanger a friend again. But before I could move on – I needed to face it.

Exposure therapy.

Right?

At this time of night, the line into the Onyx club is long and rowdy and rude. It's a popular sex club with the older adults. Females and males go inside in large groups.

I walk into the VIP line for bookings. I'm staring hard at the bouncers – terrified.

But these ones are pretty chill – as I show my ID and sign the contract by hand.

As soon as they file it away – the door opens, the other line is pushed back and I'm ushered through, personally led through the club via the edge of the walls.

I'm not joking.

The club is open and full, but it's pitch black.

I can't see a thing. I can only hear the loud drowning music, and feel the sex in the air.

The usher holds my hand and pulls me along, until we hit a stop – a door creaks open, and I'm pushed in.

I walk into a small room – also pitch black.

The door locks behind me and I back up against it.

I try to adjust my eyes to the dark, but as I do so – there's a flick of a light switch.

A red light fills the sex room, styled to be a dungeon full of toys.

Onyx is standing right next to me.

I have sucked in such a large breath – about to scream it out.

But at the last second I swallow that scream.

"Take off your clothes," Onyx growls under his breath.

I walk past and I grab the zipper – pulling it down and forcing myself to obey as quickly as possible. Out of adrenaline and fear.

I put the coat on a wardrobe at the back, I put my shoes on the floor.

I grab my long locks of blonde hair and push them over my tits – to give me some confidence.

I walk forward, naked, around a beam, to face Onyx as bravely as I can.

I slowly lift my chin.

My movements had been stiff.

But at least I did it.

I look at Onyx now, still by that door to his room, while the club's bass vibrates through the whole floor, making my toes curl.

"What is on your mind," Onyx doesn't ask kindly – rather he just knows in a creepy way. A supernatural kind of way. He reads my terror well.

I start, "You remember me. Do you know what happened to my friend Carmen? Can you tell me anything? That can help me understand why she was killed?" I don't stutter once.

Good start.

Onyx tilts his head in the red overpowering light, then walks forward toward me.

He's created some kind of hellish atmosphere – like I'm standing in a furnace.

I start to shiver – my spine reacts. My hands curl and I put them over my stomach, in a natural fear response. My eyes go down cast, but at least he stops approaching so fast with my clear terror.