Chapter ✧ 16

Running through hell toward the spiralling staircase seems rather straight forward. All I had to do, was go as fast as I could. Although while running in my hospital gown, I do feel a little ridiculous.

Until I see something far more strange beyond myself.

The spiralling staircase is in view, when I hear a howl from Onyx behind – signalling the beginning of his chase.

He's going to hunt me down, but I've stopped dead in my tracks – to watch what's happening to my left.

A group of young teenagers, two boys and a young child, a girl – are wandering hell together. They look like siblings to me, on an adventure with a dusty old map, while one holds a strange looking staff.

They're laughing about their adventure, while the little girl is frozen stiff, looking off into the shadows of the lush forest on fire next to them.

I see the red piercing eyes watching them – a rouge Lycan has his eye on them. He's going to kill them. He moves his head out, finally capturing all their attention.

As they all notice him and start to scream together, I run toward the group.

"Please don't kill them!" I beg, within hearing range. I can't help my police training to run in and help, but I know I have no chances here – but I can serve as a distraction.

The strange Lycan has walked forward – and he's such an odd colour. His fur is white, his eyes are red, but his jaw is also blood red – from other fresh kills. The life of someone drips down his fur, spotting the rest of him with red patches.

The children run back toward the spiral staircase as fast they can.

The new Lycan dismisses them, now focused on me – and probably my tits falling out of my gown.

There is something about this Lycan that feels dangerous.

I don't dare get any closer.

Now I also turn and run as fast as I can, looking over my shoulder briefly to see Onyx and his pack running through the trees.

Could this get any worse?!

I sprint as fast as I can, almost certain I'm about to get pounced on by a whole pack and a bloody murderer at the same time. I'm scared about the damage incoming, but before I can imagine how this will end for me – I hear a ripping cry and violent snarls as a brawl explodes behind me.

I look over my shoulder as I move, to see the pack attack the white rouge Lycan, who I didn't even realise was larger than them by another foot. He's rolling them around like pups, slashing into them and fighting them off with ease.

I finally grab the rail of the staircase, halting, heart racing as I look back to the bloody brawl.

I see the pack thrown on the ground bleeding and groaning in pain.

I look for Onyx frantically.

This white Lycan holds up a human's neck, as he snarls over Oswald's damaged and bruised form.

"YOU SONS DISSAPOINT ME! HA!"

Oh my goodness.

That was their father?

I stare, spellbound as the white Lycan drops Oswald, Onyx's human form to the ember soil.

He moves back to kick Onyx with his large claws out. But before he makes contact, I call out again.

"STOP," I roar it from the safety of my exit.

The father stops again to turn his head toward me.