Part 6 ✧ The Moon Witch ✧ Chapter 10

Silvia's POV

I turn to see exactly where Cleo's green eyes watch, and indeed, the Lycans are already here in hell, detecting our spell.

But there is a distinct difference to Onyx's pack.

They're all taller, 8ft, roaming far off in the hellscape, they start to move toward us slowly, some not moving at all.

Angel Killers.

Onyx's rival pack.

I feel a lump grow in the back of my throat... they had taken everything from me and almost destroyed my entire life with Onyx.

We had a tentative truce in place, which was simply staying out of each other's way.

One Lycan approaches with midnight void-black fur and eyes so red they omit their own crimson glow of demonic energy.

Lyrian approaches.

He had been the one to rip out Onyx's heart, his weakest organ because of his ties to mortal blood.

I feel an anger so deep I can't describe it's potency, while Lyrian stares right at me with a cutting and amused look in his hell-red eyes. His long sharp claws are already dripping with the blood of a fresh kill, the fur at his chin also drenched in gore.

"What angel did you kill?" I ask him with a monotone, and no smile, as Cleo stays at my side, calmly watching the enemy stalk around our cage.

I notice immediately that Orphis and Dremon do not approach, weary of us, perhaps thinking we are bait or some kind of trap – how would they know otherwise?

Perhaps Lyrian is going to let us out, and then they'll chase us, hunting us down just for fun. I wouldn't put it past them to play deadly games, they still hated anyone being top-dog other than their own pack.

Plus if they kill me, they will hurt Onyx irreparably because of his mortality. I am his biggest weakness. I hate that, but I have to stay strong.

"What are you doing down here, slut pups?" Lyrian snarls wickedly, tilting his head and grinning when Cleo grabs my shoulder and hides behind me, as he tries to catch her eye next. Everywhere Lyrian stalks, the light is absorbed into him, until a dark and red aura follows his form and all we can see are his eyes and teeth, eager to bite.

Cleo whispers in my ear, terrified, "Fairies are their second favourite meal. I don't have a soul. They like the taste of pure Fate."

I almost forgot. Cleo had no soul, only a fate, however that worked I wasn't sure, but she was still very much alive and my friend.

As she finishes whispering her concerns to me, Cleo stays well behind me on the bed, and I'm suddenly glad our bed has a magical cage in place – because it's keeping him out.

"I see your rage," Lyrian drawls at me, "I feel it. You want vengeance, puppy...? Come and take it." A demonic dare.

"If I had claws I'd gut you in a second," I hiss back, "You took my mate from me, you will never have my forgiveness. Not that you'd care anyway."

"You died to bring him back, Silvia, perfectly obedient, sacrificing your soul for your demonic master," Lyrian reminds me, seemingly admiring my strength, "Keep to your light and hope – the darkness is not meant for you down here. Moon witches are not like Lunas, you are bound to crave the mortal plain like your half-blood mate," Lyrian steps closer to the cage, "Yes, I know you're a Moon witch. I see your grey eyes, Silvia."

He explains what gave it away and I lose my scowl.

A change in my eye colour did reflect shades of the moon now.